2012 CBP FG4

@fahnix - What's the next thing for the Si? :)
I still have parts sitting in the garage that need to go on. Few things I can remember off the top of my head:

Stainless brake lines, FX350 Clutch for when this one goes, Oil catch can, ZDX TB. Still trying to find the right coupler for the SK2 intake to the ZDX. After ordering like 3 different ones that didn't fit I got frustrated and set it aside. Not to mention that I'd need to tune again after the ZDX.

did you work with skunk2 for that coupler, or have you sent them a message to see if they have one that would work?

Yep. Sure did. That was my first thought. Unfortunately, they weren't any help.

1616776538665.png

It looks like people have said to measure both sides and then find one on amazon/ebay.

It looks like people have said to measure both sides and then find one on amazon/ebay.
Yeah, that's the others that I've tried. One of them was close, but a much tighter fit that I thought it should have been. The measurements seem to be in between sizes.

Took the Si when we went up to Orange county yesterday. That was the farthest I've driven it since we did all the work on it last year. The suspension felt great and even in 6th the car still pulls pretty good. I'd have to say I'm pretty happy with it and I'm looking forward to driving it more as we start to get active again.

Also found this and added it to my reading list recently and I'm just getting around to looking it over:

Super nice animations and very clear and concise explanations that just about anyone could understand.

First real issue I've had since the install. Not sure how it happened, but it's fixed now. I noticed the car had been getting louder over time, but it was slow enough that I didn't REALLY notice it. But now after it's fixed I have no clue how I didn't notice long before now. Went by the muffler shop and they had me fixed up in less than an hour. Cost was $100 including parts, but was totally worth it. High quality gasket along with Grade 8 bolts, washers, and nuts.

Before (still at work, just about to leave. Notice the broken gasket hanging) :

1626982084841.png

About 3 mins later on the way home. I thought I heard a nut or bolt hit the underside of the car so I pulled over and looked again:

1626982246531.png

At the shop:

1626982358218.png

Replacement Gasket:

1626982387040.png

Fixed!:

1626982456440.png

Lol. The way these things sound with no cat and a 3 inch exhaust I can understand why you thought it was OK.

It got SUPER raspy this week. That's when I knew something was wrong.

Back