• A large amount of updates and changes have been implemented. Users who have been using tapaptalk will need to access the site in their phone browser. You should see a big difference between the desktop/tablet/phone styles to make navigation and site options easier to use. If you come across any strange behavior, or errors, please report them in this thread. If you have any issues logging into the site, please delete all 9thcivic cookies and then log into the site. https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/site-changes.16518/

2012 CBP FG4

ron v

Fuego from San Diego
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
I like how it is clearly labeled as an oil catch can.

Dad

Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I love this car! Makes me wish I had a coupe

fahnix

Toys For Tots
SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I love this car! Makes me wish I had a coupe

Thanks man! When it was my only car I constantly kicked myself for getting a coupe, but now that it's racecar I'm stoked that it's the coupe. And I'm partial to the pre-face lift front bumper on the coupe vs the sedan, so it ended up working out.

Dad

Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Thanks man! When it was my only car I constantly kicked myself for getting a coupe, but now that it's racecar I'm stoked that it's the coupe. And I'm partial to the pre-face lift front bumper on the coupe vs the sedan, so it ended up working out.

I got a sedan because I have two little ones and they have been in my car a total of 1 time :rotfl:

ron v

Fuego from San Diego
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
Nice. Can’t wait to see what we find manana.

fahnix

Toys For Tots
SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Got to work on the engine. I cleaned it up some and we pulled off the valve cover. Turns out one of the exhaust side spring retainers on cylinder 2 was busted. It's quite possible that this is all that's wrong with the engine. It turns over (manually spun the crank) and it seems to have compression on most, if not all of the cylinders.

We shall see!

View: https://imgur.com/a/8NXGZD8

Last edited:

fahnix

Toys For Tots
SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Nothing solid. It really depends on the state of the engine. I bought it solely to learn about the engine. It was pulled from a 2012 Si because of knocking. If that broken retainer is all that was wrong this thing was a STEAL.

Got it for $100 on Offerup last year, and it's been sitting in storage for the last 13 months. Might tear into the valvetrain this weekend.

Who knows what this thing will turn into. Only time will tell.