2012 CBP FG4

I love this car! Makes me wish I had a coupe

Thanks man! When it was my only car I constantly kicked myself for getting a coupe, but now that it's racecar I'm stoked that it's the coupe. And I'm partial to the pre-face lift front bumper on the coupe vs the sedan, so it ended up working out.

Thanks man! When it was my only car I constantly kicked myself for getting a coupe, but now that it's racecar I'm stoked that it's the coupe. And I'm partial to the pre-face lift front bumper on the coupe vs the sedan, so it ended up working out.

I got a sedan because I have two little ones and they have been in my car a total of 1 time :rotfl:

Got to work on the engine. I cleaned it up some and we pulled off the valve cover. Turns out one of the exhaust side spring retainers on cylinder 2 was busted. It's quite possible that this is all that's wrong with the engine. It turns over (manually spun the crank) and it seems to have compression on most, if not all of the cylinders.

We shall see!

View: https://imgur.com/a/8NXGZD8

Last edited:
Nothing solid. It really depends on the state of the engine. I bought it solely to learn about the engine. It was pulled from a 2012 Si because of knocking. If that broken retainer is all that was wrong this thing was a STEAL.

Got it for $100 on Offerup last year, and it's been sitting in storage for the last 13 months. Might tear into the valvetrain this weekend.

Who knows what this thing will turn into. Only time will tell.

Forgot to update the thread!

@ron v and I installed the Truharts and the K-Tuned crash bar over the weekend. Pretty straightforward installs. Only took a couple hours, and we were taking our time. Since installing the H&R's I've had a pop from the rear passenger side when I corner. It's mostly right turns, but the occasional left will do it too. I think it's the little rubber tab that's on the bottom bearing of the spring. I'll have to check it out again next time we're under there. Other that that, it's been solid. The ride is much better than it was IMO. A bit more stiff, but I really like it. The car feels much more planted.

Sweet upgrade. How many miles on your stock suspension before the swap

Sweet upgrade. How many miles on your stock suspension before the swap
If they were on the car the entire time that the previous user had the car, then they had just shy of 69,500 on them.

Back