2012 civic and honda fit suspension similar

Ima see your taillights forever as you can is a dx i didnt purchase it to race so go right ahead been there done that

ofcourse you would take koni setup thats what you sell but i didnt realize that tein,d2 and all theses company to be consired cheap just posted cheap ones first as an example but i would take any dual adjust coilover setup any day over a frankenstein sleeved set up just saying

I agree completely

Sent from Flyy Network.

there is also a difference between users going with coilovers to improve handling, and those just trying to go as low as possible for looks.

Most coilovers are made from the same shops anyways, Import Tuner did test and found that Tein was the only company with legit coilovers made to handle better. I took the Redshift coils for a good ride and it allows me to drop it. Plus i plan to eventually do some weekend track or auto-x. If you planning on following a trend and slam, might as well buy the cheapo coils IMO. seems like a waste to just slam your car on a good setup.

And buddy club does both

Sent from Flyy Network.

I don't consider a Buddy Club coilover to be a good handling coilover either. Any damper that adjusts both rebound and compression with the same knob isn't do it correctly. Not saying the Buddy Club is bad, but it's not the same level as the Koni Sport because of that one simple issue. Making you increase compression valving in order to increase rebound valving is stupid.

Chris

Most coilovers are made from the same shops anyways, Import Tuner did test and found that Tein was the only company with legit coilovers made to handle better. I took the Redshift coils for a good ride and it allows me to drop it. Plus i plan to eventually do some weekend track or auto-x. If you planning on following a trend and slam, might as well buy the cheapo coils IMO. seems like a waste to just slam your car on a good setup.
no ones following a trend , and it honestly makes no sense in buying cheap coils just to slam a car cusz when your low you need rebound and comfort , and buddy club does just that , the lowest setting and comfort dampening on buddy club rides almost near stock,
But there's honestly no point in debating , You's who have redshift are obviously going to agree and go with just that , they make diff companies for a reason , and each company has there positives and negatives, so you can't sit here and say redshift is the best company or whatever , that's an opinion , which I respect , I have nothing against you Chris and the company , but you can't just state negative things bout every other company when I'm sure your company isint the best , just saying

Sent from Flyy Network.

not saying they are the best, I had Stance GR+ coils on my 8th and loved them, the ride was stiff but still good enough for DD. But when people bash the Redshift design is just crazy, like saying ohh that car sucks, but you havent driven it yet. We all have a preference, and thats what makes our hobby so great IMO. Not everyone will be rocking the same setup. I respect the slam look, props to you for even driving around like that, i could never even do that, had enough trouble in my EM1 when it was low....

All I try to do is give good advice. And I agree there are some coilovers that can provide a comfortable ride... no question. But a comfortable ride can be combined with good handling... and that's where the Konis do it right... has nothing to do with "my company" being the best. I just build the coilovers around the Konis, which are unquestionably the best damper for the money when it comes to a street damper than can also provide autocross or track performance properly....like the others definitely don't do.

If I thought other coilovers worked well, then I'd recommend them too. The KW coilovers are a good example... both V1 and V3 are great coilover setups with their own merit. And the Buddy Club N+ is similar to the KW V1 in terms for value for me because i would never recommend the N+ as a "performance" setup because it's not... like the KW V1 is not. The N+ doesn't do performance right because of the way it adjusts... so that's just my recommendation.... horse beaten senseless now I know... on with other things.

Chris

btw we are developing a Koni setup for the 09+ Honda Fit now and I considered the 2012 Civic front strut as a starting point for the Fit (because the Fit front struts is too small for a Koni insert). My initial findings are that the rear shocks are almost the same but the Fit has a 10mm rear lower shock bolt where the Civic is a 12mm....but otherwise it would work. And the front strut lower bracket (where the camber bolts sit) on the 2012 Civic do not work properly with the Fit hub/knuckle (spacing is wrong). I even looked into redrilling the Civic bracket, and it's not compatible because there would be bolt flange fit issues. So, it was an interesting idea, but it doesn't work. We have 0.095 wall 2" steel tube and some steel plate on order to build a coilover for the Fit that will eventually lead to custom housings for Civic coilovers as well.

Thought anyone still reading this thread for Fit to Civic info would find this interesting.

Chris

All I try to do is give good advice. And I agree there are some coilovers that can provide a comfortable ride... no question. But a comfortable ride can be combined with good handling... and that's where the Konis do it right... has nothing to do with "my company" being the best. I just build the coilovers around the Konis, which are unquestionably the best damper for the money when it comes to a street damper than can also provide autocross or track performance properly....like the others definitely don't do.

If I thought other coilovers worked well, then I'd recommend them too. The KW coilovers are a good example... both V1 and V3 are great coilover setups with their own merit. And the Buddy Club N+ is similar to the KW V1 in terms for value for me because i would never recommend the N+ as a "performance" setup because it's not... like the KW V1 is not. The N+ doesn't do performance right because of the way it adjusts... so that's just my recommendation.... horse beaten senseless now I know... on with other things.

Chris
not at all lol, I completely respect your opinion , I understand Your point of view

Sent from Flyy Network.

Back