2012 civic and honda fit suspension similar

Well the springs fit in rear and I have a 8th also so everything looks the same on rear , the front only thing is the bolt size and the link

Sent from Flyy Network.

Well the springs fit in rear and I have a 8th also so everything looks the same on rear , the front only thing is the bolt size and the link

Sent from Flyy Network.
Thanks for the info ima end up pickin up a set of 8th gen d2 set up if i cant get my friend to lend me the fit shocks from his job

check these out see wat im saying
Let me see if I understand you...you installed Tokico Blues for a fit on your 9th Gen Civic and they went on correctly? what did you do about the bolt sizes, source new bolts from somewhere? I love Tokico Blues, awesome setup with some quality lowering springs...if this worked props to you! Let me know the answers when you get a chance...thanks

Let me see if I understand you...you installed Tokico Blues for a fit on your 9th Gen Civic and they went on correctly? what did you do about the bolt sizes, source new bolts from somewhere? I love Tokico Blues, awesome setup with some quality lowering springs...if this worked props to you! Let me know the answers when you get a chance...thanks
i was going to but i ended up going with 8th gen d2 suspension just had to order a couple extra things to make it work check my thread on the post above

The reason we don't care the dual height adjustments is that it's not needed when the shocks are already the correct length. They can serve a purpose when you slam the car way down, but then you don't care about the performance of the car anyway. A RedShift Koni coilover will ride as nice and lap faster than any of the "dual adjustment" cheapo coilover setups out there.

Ever notice how many of the really expensive coilovers out there run dual height adjustment (aka preload adjustment, aka shock length adjustment)? Almost none because they start with shocks that are the right length. Much of why those coilovers have that adjustment is because they use a generic damper that's was never made specifically for the car.

I'll take the koni every time over most of the other junk out there.
Chris

ofcourse you would take koni setup thats what you sell but i didnt realize that tein,d2 and all theses company to be consired cheap just posted cheap ones first as an example but i would take any dual adjust coilover setup any day over a frankenstein sleeved set up just saying

I sell all the other stuff too. and show me a good dual adjustment setup then... And don't show me any Skunk2, Tein, or other cheap coilover setup under $2000 because you'll be wasting your time. Koni has won 7 Formula 1 world championships... take all the coilover setups that you might suggest and add all their major motorsports wins up.... and you'll get 0.

Nobody who is serious runs that stuff.... and the truth is that the cheap guys do it because it's cheaper to do it that way... not kidding. otherwise they would NEVER do it that way. They do it that way because they can use the same shock on many setups without having to customize them....the only have to customize the lower mounting point.

I'm not saying that makes the coilovers bad.... but the dampers they use makes those coilovers bad. Those dampers are cheap crap most of them. And that's not an opinion...that's the truth.

Chris

I'm sure most would take one, but most aren't going to drop 7k on a suspension (on a 20k car) unless they're paid to race, or have a lot of spare cash lying around. If its the latter, you'll see more users putting that money into turbocharging.

why would i buy shock that arent dual adjustable and drop my car and lose all that travel on the shock to drive around and blow shocks, pls if spend 7000 on suspension trust i wouldn't be driving in a civic, you talk about koni f1 championships whocares dude you sell that stuff chopped up i would touch that stuff but you didnt see me go on your thread bashing your set up if ppl run your setup ok fine idc its their money i rather buy d2 have dual adjustable plus lifetime warranty and keep all the travel on my shocks and wont be on blown shock

I'm sure most would take one, but most aren't going to drop 7k on a suspension (on a 20k car) unless they're paid to race, or have a lot of spare cash lying around. If its the latter, you'll see more users putting that money into turbocharging.
or sell crack!

why would i buy shock that arent dual adjustable and drop my car and lose all that travel on the shock to drive around and blow shocks, pls if spend 7000 on suspension trust i wouldn't be driving in a civic, you talk about koni f1 championships whocares dude you sell that stuff chopped up i would touch that stuff but you didnt see me go on your thread bashing your set up if ppl run your setup ok fine idc its their money i rather buy d2 have dual adjustable plus lifetime warranty and keep all the travel on my shocks and wont be on blown shock

It's just that you don't need adjustable length shocks when you already have shocks that are the right length. The point is most high end shocks don't have that second adjustment...that's something you see when you have generic shocks. This whole thing about preload is bs too.... so much bad info out there.

And I'm not saying the dual adjustment is bad. I'm saying it's not the reason to purchase a suspension because most times that sort of setup is a result of generic shocks. And go ahead and get your D2 suspension or whatever, but you're gonna be looking at my taillights forever. And that lifetime warranty is the same thing Koni offers.

Not hating.... just telling it like it is.

Chris

Back