2012 Civic Coupe EX Build

The dealership got back to me with regards to the paint and said the hood, right fender, roof and trunk will be painted. I'll likely take it in after a month or so once I get my EG in good working order and registered/insured. Here are my two vehicles as of now. Not the best photo, but this is how I got her. my plans for it are listed below. Probably some stuff I'm forgetting, but when the time comes I'l figure it out and the brands of the products are undecided on for now.
52462748_2197869030305003_5143833982525243392_n.jpg

H9Lx96a.png

Last edited:
Not a bad little pick up on the EG. Gonna daily drive that thing or build it?
I'm going to daily it and build it if you consider replacing all the parts and restoring it to its OEM look a build. Once everything is restored and functioning I will start messing around with bolt ons and getting the B20B.

I just took off the fender to get a better look here is the damage. There is also damage on the left unirail, it is smashed in. A couple of photos. I didn't think there was this much damage, but it'll have to be fixed one step at a time.
52657014_372261606708187_5061257828895817728_n.jpg

52655926_1164357237056703_3416093438209163264_n.jpg

You got your work cut out for you-I don't want to work on cars constantly- even though I end up doing that anyway-tuner cars are never finished

It is going to be a lot of work, but I won't back away. Might as well commit and restore this car to how it used to be. I scrubbed the trunk and got all of the dirt and debris out of there. Nice and clean now. It was really bad before.
52995425_1217488631742714_116620748772081664_n.jpg

Last edited:
I would fix the frame when u pull off the core support. Shops have been quoting me anywhere between 400-650 to fix the frame around my parts.

I should be working in a few weeks and have some cash coming in soon after so I can start doing some stuff for the car. For $400 - $650 what does that cover? I need to try and find someone who could weld on another part one of the rails and to the apron, plus make the adjustments when welding it on. What damage do you have?

That would be just pulling the front frame. Only part besides the core is the front two side of the rail. As far as I can see. I would go ask around at a few shops. Tell them what you want done and they will go from there. Take plenty of pictures so you can show them the damage.

It’s kind of a point where you want to decide you want to put more money into the car then it’s worth. Trust me it’s a tough decision.

I don't know much about frame work, but it looks like it could just be cut off and weld a new piece and it would be straight again. Of course, there is a lot more to it than that, but I don't think it would need to be pulled? The car is messed up, it would be expensive to fix, but that is what makes it my own and as long as it still functions and allows me to daily drive it then I can always give those areas attention when possible. Not much I can do in the mean time except for clean up the inside and such until I have cash flowing in.

Unfortunately, due to a sudden move I have to get rid of the car as I have no where to store it.

It sucks, but hopefully I can figure out something in the future and pick up one without frame damage to avoid unnecessary hassle.

maybe buy a vfr 800 2006--the vtec monster-nothing matches the bike.

I was able to keep the car and managed to store it with some family. I went to the junkyard today and just picked up small items. Window trim, door pillars and a mirror. I noticed my passenger door sags and I need a replacement on that, still looking into it as I don't know much about that. I picked the pillars and silver trim from another 95' sedan. The pillars on the passenger side are close together, but when looking at the car from the driver side they have a noticeably larger gap between them, not sure why. Where the pillar goes on the driver door the metal is bent outwards and the passenger rear door has a 3 inch long dent. I was thinking of picking up two doors from the junkyard for about $30-$40 a piece when they have a sale rather than spending more money it would cost to fix. I also can't find all the different types of clips I need and how many to install the molding and pillars, I look online, but I don't think I sound them all.
54436797_928548884202818_5403148272313303040_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back