2012 Civic D2 Racing Full Coilovers are now available

• Staff
thinking about going with the d2's?

thinking about going with the d2's?
Well, probaly the only choice I got at the moment..unless other brands start releasing their coilovers to the public on production days. I've never had the d2's though. Can anyone let me know the reviews on them? Pros and Cons. I had BC Racing BR Type coilovers w/ dampening on my Accord two years ago..like them but I would want to give another set of coilovers and brand a try.

I had D2 when they first came out of the Galant, and sold them to a friend after 2 years 20k miles because I wanted bags. They ride pretty well and seem to hold up sturdy. The ones I got was their first release so it pretty good for their first one.

So, these aren't actually for the 9th gen, they've just mixed and matched parts to make it work, correct?

So, these aren't actually for the 9th gen, they've just mixed and matched parts to make it work, correct?
the link in the 1st post has the 2012's available. The link in post #8 - he made work from 8th d2's & parts (that was before d2 had 9th gen's available). The 9thgen has the sway attached to the strut where the 8th doesn't.

I just looked at my bank account this morning and the charge from ProCivic for the coilovers has disappeared. I have to wait 3 hours to call them when they open (I live in FL and they're on Pacific time). If they didn't reserve a set for me like they were supposed to, I'll probably wait for the BC coils to hit the market in July and order them from someone else. I really hope that isn't the case, though.

I talked to them just now. There's something to be said for ProCivic's customer service. Whoever is in charge over there needs a cookie. It's so rare nowadays to get someone on the other end of a phone that isn't a complete moron and obviously hates their job. The first time I called ProCivic to place my order, I talked to the gentleman on the line for probably half an hour because it was such an incredibly pleasant conversation about car stuff. This one didn't last anywhere near as long and we didn't really talk about cars, but he was extremely professional and courteous. I'm very impressed with their staff so far. Now here's hoping that D2 is still on schedule with their shipment and I get my coils before the weekend.

so the disappearing charge was explained?

Not exactly. The guy I spoke to was just as confused as I was, but he said he'd check on it. According to their records, the coilovers are scheduled to be drop shipped to me tomorrow from North Carolina. I'll know more tomorrow, I suppose.

Just talked to ProCivic again. D2 has apparently dropped the ball. Not only has my order not drop shipped today from NC, but the D2 distributor hasn't even received their shipment from the factory overseas yet. ProCivic was wonderful to deal with and they're taking care of me, but I'm very disappointed with D2. The best they could offer was a scenario in which I MIGHT receive my coilovers in about three weeks. If I can wait three weeks, I can wait four or five. I will most likely be waiting until July when I was told to expect the BC Racing coilovers to arrive on the market. This sucks because I was super excited to be getting suspension on my car. I REALLY don't want to get springs, and I am not going to shell out $1300-1400 for the RedShift stuff, because I don't want hacked up parts with inserts and coilover sleeves that can't adjust preload and ride height independently. I don't understand why these companies can't just slap the extra tabs they need to so the sway bar can attach and put different isolators in the box in a timely fashion. I'm absolutely positive that's all they're doing. I seriously doubt there is any kind of real extensive R&D going into these things at all. DAMN IT I'm so ******* frustrated!

Just wanted to make sure that I point out that I am more than satisfied with the customer service I've experienced with ProCivic thus far and that I am in no way frustrated with them.

d2 maybe did a small initial run thinking they wouldn't sell as fast as they did... and are now waiting on another run to be made? Sucks to have to wait longer, but with the limited options... you'll at least be getting what you want in the near future. :sadwavey:

No, the North American D2 distributor was supposed to have gotten another shipment, beyond their first run, in time to drop ship my order today. The shipment is not even going to be shipped to America until next week and won't be arriving to the distributor until the week following at the absolute earliest. This information is coming from the same people who, until today, were telling ProCivic that they would be drop shipping my order today, so it may be even longer until the distributor gets their order, much less ProCivic and their customers. If I would have had a more accurate time line of when all this would be happening, it'd be easier to make a decision on what to buy. I sincerely hope the BC distributor doesn't run into the same issues. I'd like to buy things from a reliable manufacturer that delivers on its promises. The distributor is a representative of the manufacturer, and the factory that produces D2 coilovers has either dropped the ball on production, or has chosen an incompetent distributor to represent them. Either way, I'm pretty disappointed. I'm also not completely overlooking the possibility that ProCivic dropped the ball and they're just not telling me the whole story. I haven't talked to D2 directly, only reporting information that has been given to me by ProCivic, who seem to be on top of things as far as I can tell from my limited experience with them and the reviews from other people online.

I'm probably going to call BC Racing again in the morning and ask them yet again when they plan on releasing their coilovers to the market and if there is some solidity in their release date for some BR series coilovers for our cars. I don't feel like I should have to be so patient when I have money that I am willing to spend right this second. It's just a matter of what supplier can meet my demands first. I'm sure there are lots of others with the same money and willingness (and anxiousness) to buy the same thing I'm trying to buy. Every time I deal with these aftermarket manufacturers, it makes me want to get into the business because I could ******* clean up if I just had a teeny tiny bit of foresight; something a lot of these companies seem to lack tremendously.

Back