2012 Civic D2 Racing Full Coilovers are now available

Just talked to ProCivic again. D2 has apparently dropped the ball. Not only has my order not drop shipped today from NC, but the D2 distributor hasn't even received their shipment from the factory overseas yet. ProCivic was wonderful to deal with and they're taking care of me, but I'm very disappointed with D2. The best they could offer was a scenario in which I MIGHT receive my coilovers in about three weeks. If I can wait three weeks, I can wait four or five. I will most likely be waiting until July when I was told to expect the BC Racing coilovers to arrive on the market. This sucks because I was super excited to be getting suspension on my car. I REALLY don't want to get springs, and I am not going to shell out $1300-1400 for the RedShift stuff, because I don't want hacked up parts with inserts and coilover sleeves that can't adjust preload and ride height independently. I don't understand why these companies can't just slap the extra tabs they need to so the sway bar can attach and put different isolators in the box in a timely fashion. I'm absolutely positive that's all they're doing. I seriously doubt there is any kind of real extensive R&D going into these things at all. DAMN IT I'm so ******* frustrated!

Just wanted to make sure that I point out that I am more than satisfied with the customer service I've experienced with ProCivic thus far and that I am in no way frustrated with them.

I feel your frustration on this! I can tell you from past experience that it is not too uncommon for a part shortage like this to happen on a new part for a new car. It's hard for the manufacturers to anticipate exactly how many to make, and sometimes they run out of key components. We are working with D2 to get more of these coilovers shipped as soon as possible. Rest assured, this is something that we're staying on-top of and we'll always give you the most accurate information we currently have.

I've called BC Racing three times. The first time I didn't leave a message. The second time I left a message with my name and number and a request that they call me at their earliest convenience. The third time I called, just a few moments ago, the phone rang twice then just stopped ringing. I seriously doubt I'm going to be able to get ahold of them. I need a retailer to call them for me (and for the board) to get a date for the release of their coilovers. I wish they'd answer the phone though. I'd drive down to Orlando TODAY with cash money and buy a set of coilovers if they wanted to sell them.

It kinda looks like D2 might be available a couple weeks before everyone else, then I'd be willing to bet all the other usual suspects will release their coilovers shortly thereafter.

I feel your frustration on this! I can tell you from past experience that it is not too uncommon for a part shortage like this to happen on a new part for a new car. It's hard for the manufacturers to anticipate exactly how many to make, and sometimes they run out of key components. We are working with D2 to get more of these coilovers shipped as soon as possible. Rest assured, this is something that we're staying on-top of and we'll always give you the most accurate information we currently have.
Your website says this:

Availability: Unless otherwise noted, this product is usually in stock at one of our warehouses, or will ship directly from the manufacturer.

I think it should be noted that these are not in stock and are not on hand to be shipped from the manufacturer any time within the next couple weeks.

there is an option for "2012 - all models (except si)"
they are also currently not in stock if you read just a few posts up... might want to see what updates procivic provides

Big Update: Both the 2012 Civic Si Coilovers and non-Si Coilovers have started to ship again! We apologize to everyone for the extended delay on this. I hope from this point forward there are no more parts shortages from the manufacturer.

The good thing about D2 is that they can be air shipped from overseas. If they are not in stock in the US, we include this at no extra charge to our customer! Eta is two weeks from ordering. That way you don't have to wait for the large shipment to come in weeks or months later.

Thanks

Dan

Back