2012+ Civic Downpipe List With Product Info & Links

Thanks, sorry for the delay. 1 more question about the diameter of the exhaust. Since i dont know much about this car. In the past on a b16 or h22 unless you were going for a turbo you would get a 2.25 maybe 2.5 diameter exhaust. Is 2.5-3 like what you would use for a mildly tuned car. My plan for my car is just exhaust, clutch n lightweight flywheel, cold air intake, hd reflash, and coilovers

Thanks, sorry for the delay. 1 more question about the diameter of the exhaust. Since i dont know much about this car. In the past on a b16 or h22 unless you were going for a turbo you would get a 2.25 maybe 2.5 diameter exhaust. Is 2.5-3 like what you would use for a mildly tuned car. My plan for my car is just exhaust, clutch n lightweight flywheel, cold air intake, hd reflash, and coilovers
if you're not going to boost the car, then exhaust piping size is really just preference.
But no harm in going 3" anyways, plenty of people here with a N/A car and a 3" exhaust, including me

Thanks for the info. Also it seems if you do anything to this car you have to get the reflash so you dont have any issues, is that correct?

Thanks for the info. Also it seems if you do anything to this car you have to get the reflash so you dont have any issues, is that correct?
it's not necessary, you can swap out bolt-ons and you will see some gains from just the aftermarket parts, but for true gains, you will need flashpro to be able to tune the car.
Also, without flashpro, you cannot use an intake larger than 3", if that's in your plans as well.

when i get my car tuned after my down pipe install they re-flash the ecu , does that void the warranty?

Not so true. I had a post earlier in the week about smog testing. My buddies fb6 had a high flow catted version from RV6 and it did not come with one
Here is a pic to prove it.
View attachment 26908
Ok I have one question is that mesh stuff on the downpipe a flex type of thing or is it covering another cat or what is it?! Cause when looking at the stock downpipe it looks like 2 cats right? Or is one of them something else?
@squiggy

Ok I have one question is that mesh stuff on the downpipe a flex type of thing or is it covering another cat or what is it?! Cause when looking at the stock downpipe it looks like 2 cats right? Or is one of them something else?
@squiggy

It is just a flexible portion.

Ok cool i figured just wanted to make sure! So basically you remove one cat when you get an aftermaket downpipe and have the option to get one or none at all?
that is correct they eliminate one or both. they put a "high flow" cat in the aftermarkets i personally think they have almost no function besides to pass visual portion of inspection.

so i had an invidia n1 catback and it was loud but toned down with a 1000 miles and i just installed a rv6 catted downpipe and now its really loud again.. louder, it does sounds mean and throaty wich is nice, and i am getting tuned in about a week or so, once my hondata shows up, but my question is will the tune make it a bit quieter and if not could i put my stock axle back muffler back on to mild it out a bit but not kill the great flow i have with the full exhaust, i would like to get a invidia q300 axle back since its still high flow but not loud but i couldnt find anyone who sells just that, only the full cat back

I am pretty new to this site, but I've been very active on other Honda / Lexus car forums for over a decade. After many, many prototypes, I'm almost finished with a new mid-pipe with integrated HFC for the '12+ Civic Si, and just can't wait to share the results any longer! Below are the dyno pulls from the same car on the same dyno (DynoCom) on different days using SAE correction.

Blue is totally stock (totally)
Green is totally stock except for my mid-pipe (stock tune)
Black is totally stock except for my mid-pipe and custom tune

Note that this is with the stock muffler! The car sounds totally stock, so it's definitely a "sleeper"

30gregdsd.jpg

Mods ... I have every intention to become a sponsor ...

Reactions: Nix
Alright just ordered my FR exhaust, but im debating over the FR catted, UR high flow catted or skunk2. By the dyno skunk2 has best gains but is it true catless dps smell really bad? And how much louder would i be? I cant seem to pick.

Back