2012+ Civic Downpipe List With Product Info & Links

Really? I figured it wouldn't give me much as far as gains go, just a bit louder. I'm still going to order it as im not able to afford a flash pro yet and it's pointless to tune until I get what I want installed.. my main concern was will it damage my motor in any way and as far as I've found it won't. You seem to be well respected here though. My plan was to install to see how it felt and if I didn't like it return it to stock. I currently have a k &n short ram and I was told the same thing, it'll run like **** unless tuned. I don't find much difference in the power since I got it but it runs fine. What do you mean by run like garbage? Misfiring and sounds like ****? not challenging you I just need to know.

The K&N will actually rob you of power. Only 3.5" CAI have been shown to make gains over the stock airbox. All others show no gains or even losses.

The downpipe is actually what will give our cars the greatest bang for your buck as far as gains go. Hard to explain the problems of running an untuned DP without actually experiencing the difference. A LOT of rasp. Also, the flow and pressure is all messed up due to a lack of a tune. You will think it runs better, but all you are really feeling is better throttle response. You will probably also think the increased noise is the result of more power. Both are poor false assumptions.

Well put sir. And I'm assuming you mean the k & n without a tune may rob power somehow? It would increase hp with a tune. Last question if I bought flash pro and just used the reflash for the time being, would that partially solve the problems you have mentioned?

Well put sir. And I'm assuming you mean the k & n without a tune may rob power somehow? It would increase hp with a tune. Last question if I bought flash pro and just used the reflash for the time being, would that partially solve the problems you have mentioned?

Tune or not, any intake that is not a 3.5" CAI will not net you any gains. The engineering that went into the stock intake is amazingly well done.

The ReFlash doesn't really help believe it or not. Forgot to mention that you will throw a CEL without a tune/using the ReFlash. I ran my DP without a tune and with just the ReFlash for a while.

Thanks for all the input. Still think I will be purchasing the downpipe first and working on flash pro. Anyone know anything about getting flash pro for a decent price in Canada? Exchange rate and duty is gonna kill me on the downpipe, almost $600 everything said and done!

Thanks for all the input. Still think I will be purchasing the downpipe first and working on flash pro. Anyone know anything about getting flash pro for a decent price in Canada? Exchange rate and duty is gonna kill me on the downpipe, almost $600 everything said and done!

Have them delivered to a PO Box just over the border and go pick them up.

Thought of that. Works out to about the same with gas, not to mention time. Thanks again for the input I'll update when I get it.

do the down pipe and flash pro at the same time, one with out the other is pointless

do the down pipe and flash pro at the same time, one with out the other is pointless

Not true. Downpipe without FlashPro is pointless, but using the ReFlash or even tuned with all stock parts makes a big difference in drive-ability.

After doing the install I'm happy with the sound (much more rasp than I had hoped) but Flashpro will be ordered once I have the cash for sure.

Question: sounds like quite a rattle when I even give it moderate throttle at any rpm excluding like 5th and 6th gear. I hear it most coming from the side of the car not through the back of the exhaust? Anyone else have this? Worried I left one bolt loose or something rattled loose, or maybe it's just the rasp from not having a tune I can't tell.

Get the Full Race DP. I haven't seen anyone with this DP on their 9th Si.

If I have Skunk2 Megapower RR 76mm exhaust already, would it make sense just to go with Skunk2's downpipe? Because i'm kind of leaning towards Full Race at the moment.

It removes a catalytic converter. I can't see any of these downpipes being able to pass carb.

Back