2012+ Civic Exhaust List With Product Links & Info

I am not sure what the model number is for the mount, but I got the "street" version. I only did the rear as that was the only one available at the time. It is highly inadvisable to swap out the entire exhaust system without FlashPro and a tune. The car will run like garbage otherwise.

will it really be that bad because it's the full system? I've seen and have heard of plenty that have run maybe not full system but part and have run stock. I mean I do get the logic behind it for sure. Did you flashpro and tune right away after you got your system on?

will it really be that bad because it's the full system? I've seen and have heard of plenty that have run maybe not full system but part and have run stock. I mean I do get the logic behind it for sure. Did you flashpro and tune right away after you got your system on?
Yes, I ran mine for a while without a tune which is why I am saying you need one. I got flashpro and ran the reflash map for a while and I thought it was better, but found out differently once I got an actual tune for what mods I had. Any bolton for this car realistically needs a tune. The ecu is really finicky and fights the mods to try and make it run like stock. Essentially what I am saying is do it right and not halfass. If it is a money issue, save up first.

Reactions: Nix
Yes, I ran mine for a while without a tune which is why I am saying you need one. I got flashpro and ran the reflash map for a while and I thought it was better, but found out differently once I got an actual tune for what mods I had. Any bolton for this car realistically needs a tune. The ecu is really finicky and fights the mods to try and make it run like stock. Essentially what I am saying is do it right and not halfass. If it is a money issue, save up first.

Especially since you got what I'm contemplating. I would love to have mugen but they are all 60mm I believe and I want 3 inch. How long did you run without a tune? I guess the minimum I need is flashpro then I guess I could run the reflash maps, base maps until. I get a tune. Did you get your tune by vit? Thanks again Squig... by the way how's your day?

Just a few weeks without a tune. Then I installed an RBC, ZDX, 3.5" PRL SRI, and some 8th gen injectors followed immediately by a basemap from Vit. Keep in mind the reflash runs rich so you won't really want to run that very long either.

Always happy to help!

My day is going good. Took the day off for my birthday and am working on some yard projects. Trying to finish a fence so I can move on to building a deck.

Just a few weeks without a tune. Then I installed an RBC, ZDX, 3.5" PRL SRI, and some 8th gen injectors followed immediately by a basemap from Vit. Keep in mind the reflash runs rich so you won't really want to run that very long either.

Always happy to help!

My day is going good. Took the day off for my birthday and am working on some yard projects. Trying to finish a fence so I can move on to building a deck.

Well if I get the flashpro plus his etune package I should be fine then until next mod in your opinion...yes? Happy belated birthday to you. all the best to you and your family. good luck with the fence and deck project. I would like to see how you did when you're finished if you wouldn't mind. Thanks again Squig. I've sent vit an email with my requests and will keep you posted if you're interested.

Squig? sorry if you were or are busy... was just curious of your response. Good luck if you're on fence and deck construction.

Squig? sorry if you were or are busy... was just curious of your response. Good luck if you're on fence and deck construction.
Sorry, completely missed this yesterday. Once you get a tune you will be good. A few things to keep in mind with an etune with Vit. It usually takes 30-40 calibrations and a retune will cost you money later on as well.

no worries Squig and you answered a question I was going to ask...love when that happens...in case you're wondering, it was how many times around will it take before being done so thanks for that. again Happy belated birthday to you. all the best to you and your family. good luck with the fence and deck project. Just to say Squig... I'll be doing the tuning with Vit soon enough and will be happy to let you know how it goes. 1st I'm curious how the deck project went along with your birthday. Don't feel obliged to answer but usually some sort of comment would be cool unless I'm being too friendly then just ignore all said and I'll get the point. Have a good rest of the day.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Injen axle back, MagnaFlow performance catback exhaust, or Apexi world sport catback will work on a non si 2012 civic ex coupe?

Anybody running a trailer hitch on their 2014 Si Sedan WITH an aftermarket exhaust? The stock muffler section is tight with the hitch. I don't want a costly experiment if I go for a MF cat back and it does not fit. Thanks!

SES 1579 Injen review - if you love loud, this is the axle-back for you.

Last edited:
Just installed the Injen axle back on my '15 Si. Has the sound I was looking for without being overly loud or raspy.

Does anyone know if this list has been updated recently? Looking for a new exhaust on my '13 LX since my ebay muffler finally broke. So far our options seem to be limited to Tsudo catback (best sounding, but has been completely sold out everywhere for the past 5 months or so), aFe Power's Takeda axleback (extremely pricey for just an axleback, and poor sound quality for the price imo), and Borla's axleback (sounds terrible and very expensive). Any new ideas how to get some sound?

Hey icerx440 just my 2 cents but check out full race. Many people have them here and seem happy plus the sound is nice. This is the 1 I've been considering for myself unless mugen comes out with a 3 inch exhaust. There is also magna flow and skunk 2 but haven't heard the greatest from skunk 2 plus it's really loud so bare that in mind as well. There are others as well.. just take your time and search.. you'll find some. Good luck and have a good rest of your day.

Hey icerx440 just my 2 cents but check out full race. Many people have them here and seem happy plus the sound is nice. This is the 1 I've been considering for myself unless mugen comes out with a 3 inch exhaust. There is also magna flow and skunk 2 but haven't heard the greatest from skunk 2 plus it's really loud so bare that in mind as well. There are others as well.. just take your time and search.. you'll find some. Good luck and have a good rest of your day.

I believe all of those are only for the Si. The non-Si models have very limited options which is why I was wondering if there were any new releases recently

@icerx440 - Check out having a "custom" exhaust made at a local exhaust shop. Its not an option a lot of people take, and I know how satisfying it is to be able to do an install yourself, but you can get a quality exhaust pretty cheap that way. Find a place that does mandrel bends not crush bends and see what they would charge. Vibrant makes exhaust components and you could walk in there with a resonator and muffler for them to weld into your new "catback" system.

06-11 R18 Civic - Pretty much the same engine/car as the 2012+ non-Si

I believe all of those are only for the Si. The non-Si models have very limited options which is why I was wondering if there were any new releases recently
my bad completely.. I didn't realize that you had an lx... I would still spend some time searching and don't give up you'll eventually come across something probably by accident.. I have fund many things by accident. Nix also brings up a very valid point all depending in the end what you will allow your budget to be. Enjoy he rest of your day.

Back