DIY 2012 Civic Illuminated Door Sills/Side Steps (4 Door)

Ok so im installing the LED glow lights like AlienPrime used in this DIY: http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/diy-better-interior-ambient-lighting.6482/ (also linked above)

EDIT: Should have clarified; Im familiar with how to wire these up, but im wanting to sync it with the dome lights :)

Once lights are mounted and Pink and Blue are tapped, do i need to do anything with my controll box? "LED glow" lights come with a control box with auto illumination features so i was wondering if anyone had any experience using this brand with the dome light tap. THANKS and great DIY!

Last edited:
but im wanting to sync it with the dome lights
So you're not going to have illumination any other time besides when the dome comes on? If I'm looking at the right item on their site -

an easy to hide control box featuring 18 preset color cycle lighting modes that include flashing, fading, strobing, and scanning. All of the included lighting modes and functions can be easily selected by using either the 4 button wireless remote or the 4 buttons located on the control box. Also featured with this SMD interior kit is a sound activation mode which allows 4 unique, pre-programmed patterns to respond to the music playing inside of your car!

I would imagine that as soon as you select the program/lighting color etc that you want, it'd automatically return to that same function each time you'd open your door.

Im definitely hoping that it would return to the selected feature when i re open my door. apparently to enable auto illumination i have to hold down the mode button while my power source is on (doors open?) and then continue to hold the button until i switch off my power source (close my door?) then release the mode button. My question is; is this accurate? The foot well lighting sync with dome lighting is relatively popular, so i wondered if anyone else had experience using this brand LED GLOW, a little different since it has a control box. Also follow up quesion; once im wired in to pink and blue, do the footwell lights come on when my dome light is on no matter what, even if i slide the switch with my finger?

Back