DIY 2012 Civic Illuminated Door Sills/Side Steps (4 Door)

@jasonandre Thanks for the great DIY. Very clear and easy to follow.

I took a couple shortcuts. I didn't take off the pillar covers. I just fed the wire through. Also, I didn't take the two door sill plastic trim covers completely off. I just lifted them up on one side so I could get underneath. Finally, I didn't take off the console cover near the shifter tray. I was a able to feed the wire through using a coat hanger.

Last edited:
@jasonandre Thanks for the great DIY. Very clear and easy to follow.

I took a couple shortcuts. I didn't take off the pillar covers. I just fed the wire through. Also, I didn't take the two door sill plastic trim covers completely off. I just lifted them up on one side so I could get underneath.
Hey man, that's what it's all about. Glad it was helpful!

I installed my door sills with a small twist: the four of them do not light at the same time when a door is opened but each lights independently when the correspondent door is opened and all the circuit can be turned on-off with a switch.

I installed my door sills with a small twist: the four of them do not light at the same time when a door is opened but each lights independently when the correspondent door is opened and all the circuit can be turned on-off with a switch.
That's extra work to do it that way. OEM doesn't even do it that way. Ha ha.

Hi, I got a civic 2012 2 doors. Trying to install footlights, but can't figure the blue and pink wire. I tried the light blue with the 2 pinks (doors closed and dome light off) and still gets power.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_9351.JPG
    IMG_9351.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 23
Thanks, that's another way to do it. I was going for the auto dimming with the dome light like discussed in this forum discussion. There is a lot of talking about blue and pink wire and how some people find those always have power (like I do) any other suggestion on which wires to use?

Getting into that harness was a real B. There's barely any room to fit your hands in that corner. Now I just have to finish routing wires and I'll be done

Back