DIY 2012 Civic Installing HID Kit 9006

For non si model you do not need to remove the battery for drivers side. Simply remove two clips on the air duct and remove upper part of duct. image.jpg

I don't know much about lighting but I thought that if you do HIDs without at least a retrofit, that you'll blind oncoming traffic?

I don't know much about lighting but I thought that if you do HIDs without at least a retrofit, that you'll blind oncoming traffic?
I think the 35 watt ballast are fine without the retrofit but its better to retrofit

I used to get flashed alot when I had my HID. I lowered the beam pattern alot to avoid blinding oncoming traffic but still would get flashed but rarely.

If you are facing the car, the right headlight for the lower beam is almost impossible for me to reach. did you have to remove your bumper and pull the headlight out or did you just squeeze your hand in?

If you are facing the car, the right headlight for the lower beam is almost impossible for me to reach. did you have to remove your bumper and pull the headlight out or did you just squeeze your hand in?
The air duct below the fuse box comes out. Or you can remove the battery

I meant to say the left side sorry, the ac unit and windshield washer tube are in the way for my hand to reach in.

I need to look at an engine bay to see what you're talking about lol but if you're talking about the wiper fluid reservoir tank when I did my HID's on my 8th I just popped it out then you can put it right back in. Takes a couple tries but it's possible lol

I meant to say the left side sorry, the ac unit and windshield washer tube are in the way for my hand to reach in.

There is a black clip holding the top of the wiper fluid downspout. Remove the clip an wiggle the downspout back and forth with upward pressure to remove it. It's pretty easy and gives you access to the passenger side low beam bulb.

Back