DIY 2012 Civic Installing HID Kit 9006

2012si2012

Montreal
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
sedan Si
Hi all, i made a poste about how to change and install HiD kit 9006, but some of the pictures doesnt work. so i will post a new one rigth here in DIY.
sorry for the inconveniense.
sorry for the long picture post!
First you will need the tools!
Rachet+10mm bolt remover
Tierap(at least 4)
Philips screw driver( the star one)
electric tape ( if needed)
g3dV3.sized.jpg
the kit you will need its 9006 single beam Hid Kit (in my case i put 10000k :) )
q6ITV.sized.jpg
1- First find where are the holes
rWnqj.sized.jpg
2-Turn the plug to the left and remove it gently
3-Remove the light from the plug
cCAjZ.sized.jpg
4-Assemble all the kit together
d1aET.sized.jpg
5-Remove the Bulb cover and insert inside the Headlight----BE CAREFULL TO NOT SCRTCH THE BULB----
qKjmW.sized.jpg
JH9oP.sized.jpg
3AKHw.sized.jpg
6-Connect the power wire to the HiD plug power
cCAjZ_001.sized.jpg
7-tierap the ballast firmly to the frame
3nikq.sized.jpg
it can be many way to tierap the ballast in your car.***
8- Test your new kit!
For the battery side... if you want more room to work, remove the bolt that retain your battery.
u4IuQ.sized.jpg
do the same thing for your other headlight!
Finaly ...ENJOY your work!!
ins10.sized.jpeg
ins9.sized.jpeg
ins12.sized.jpeg
sorry for the other post.
hope that will help it!
thank you.

for the passenger side... you will probably take off the bolt that retain the windshiel water and pull it behind... its the only solution... its a little bit harder to get to the bulb.. but not at all impossible..! trust me... im not a honda engineer that created that , but i made it serval time for some customer that bougth me hid kit.

if you have any other question. please feel free to ask and i will do my best to give you the good and right answer!

if you can send us a picture of what is difficult to do?

GREAT DIY. looked at it yesterday when i got it and was like damnnn! gotta remove the battery and go underneath the fender. or like someone else did and took the front bumper off. high beams are cake though

LOL I put the hid kit by removed the front bumper and its a pain. Because the hid kit that I bought come with one purple and one blue, so I had to took off the front bumper and do it all over again.

From now on I will follow this DIY. Thanks

Great thread, thank you much.

I just tried doing this but my hands ended up numb from the cold and the sun went down, so I ended up buttoning everything back up to try again tomorrow. I couldn't get the halogen out. Left twist? I feel like I was doing something wrong. Granted my visibility was low and my wrists aren't very strong. Any tips on getting at the bulbs/getting them out easier would be greatly appreciated. It would mean a lot to me if I was able to do this by myself without having to ask one of my guy friends do it for me.

Great thread, thank you much.

I just tried doing this but my hands ended up numb from the cold and the sun went down, so I ended up buttoning everything back up to try again tomorrow. I couldn't get the halogen out. Left twist? I feel like I was doing something wrong. Granted my visibility was low and my wrists aren't very strong. Any tips on getting at the bulbs/getting them out easier would be greatly appreciated. It would mean a lot to me if I was able to do this by myself without having to ask one of my guy friends do it for me.
what side are you having trouble with? battery side I would take the battery bracket off and slide the battery over some to get your hand in there and with the abs side you should be fine maybe use your left hand to make it a straight shot

what side are you having trouble with? battery side I would take the battery bracket off and slide the battery over some to get your hand in there and with the abs side you should be fine maybe use your left hand to make it a straight shot

Thanks. I was attempting with the driver side, because I was able to get the fasteners off my intake cover easier than on the other side. I was actually contemplating moving the battery, but I was apprehensive of trying in the dark/cold. I had to take out the battery to put in the HID's in my 8th gen. Can I move it enough without actually disconnecting it? I'm not keen on actually pulling the whole battery out. I will if I have to though. Also the fastener thingy on the wiper fluid reservoir on the other side.. how do i get that f@cker out? It's starting to tear and I really don't want to break it. Derp.

Thanks. I was attempting with the driver side, because I was able to get the fasteners off my intake cover easier than on the other side. I was actually contemplating moving the battery, but I was apprehensive of trying in the dark/cold. I had to take out the battery to put in the HID's in my 8th gen. Can I move it enough without actually disconnecting it? I'm not keen on actually pulling the whole battery out. I will if I have to though. Also the fastener thingy on the wiper fluid reservoir on the other side.. how do i get that f@cker out? It's starting to tear and I really don't want to break it. Derp.
with the battery you can move it with out disconnecting the cables and for the other side S*** sorry forgot about the washer fill theres a a push clip to remove then the piece will pull out

It's the goddamn pushclip I'm talking about. Those things are by far the most unnecessarily frustrating things I've ever encountered. I feel like there are a multitude of better ways to get the same function without it being a completely fubar pain in the bum-oley. Can I just rip it out and get new ones/find less irritating clips?

Tried that! I promise :P I went as far as reading the handbook section about it a million times and then upping the ante with various tools and amounts of force and swearing. (cussing makes it work better dontcha know) It's also really cold and dry where I am, and its making the plastic really brittle. I live in an apartment so I'm doing all this outside in the elements in below freezing weather.

xD please don't laugh, it embarrasses me... :P

But seriously, what happens if I accidentally break the head off? Pulling up and twisting is not working. Hell I even tried TWO philips head screwdrivers AND one of those paper clip remover things (Wayyy better idea on paper than in practice...) It's starting to rip off. I'm really getting peeved that something so silly is causing me so much trouble... *grumble grumble* perhaps I should give it up for the night...

Back