2012+ Civic Intake List With Product Info & Links

The PRL is pretty much the same as the 4130 intake.

The PRL is pretty much the same as the 4130 intake.

ya thats what i figured. but its a little cheaper :D

its cool to get to see all the new Si products come out, when I joined 8thcivic there was already all kinds of crazy **** out lol

which intake is better? the PRL or the ART one? debating on which one i'll get? and wondering where can i order them from? thanks

which intake is better? the PRL or the ART one? debating on which one i'll get? and wondering where can i order them from? thanks
The PRL requires the RBC intake manifold. I'm not really a big fan of short ram intakes where the filter is located by the exhaust side of the engine head. I recommend the aFe Takeda.

PRL 3.5 inch CAI
The PRL requires the RBC intake manifold. I'm not really a big fan of short ram intakes where the filter is located by the exhaust side of the engine head. I recommend the aFe Takeda.

I agree, I had a kn SRI on my 2007 civic si and the sound it makes is all you really gain.
does the takeda re-use all the oem intake resonator pieces ? If so I think the aem cai would be the best if keeping the stock IM cause its less restricted from the stock intake pieces

PRL 3.5 inch CAI

I agree, I had a kn SRI on my 2007 civic si and the sound it makes is all you really gain.
does the takeda re-use all the oem intake resonator pieces ? If so I think the aem cai would be the best if keeping the stock IM cause its less restricted from the stock intake pieces
The Takeda is like the K&N it just replaces the air box and intake tube. All of the resonator pieces remain. AEM! AEM!

PRL 3.5 inch CAI

I was only suggesting the Takeda as a better SRI. I didn't want to mention cold air intakes since the options were only SRIs.

And I like the Takeda bc it can be converted to a 3.5" SRI. :D

thanks everyone for the input. i kniw tekada and greedy are the best among the list? are they? lol but im only on $300 range for this one, planning to get a good exhaust after the intake.

thanks everyone for the input. i kniw tekada and greedy are the best among the list? are they? lol but im only on $300 range for this one, planning to get a good exhaust after the intake.
If you want a SRI I'd say so, the box keeps it from pulling just straight engine bay air like the K&N will

If you want a SRI I'd say so, the box keeps it from pulling just straight engine bay air like the K&N will

I've ran the Takeda with and without the housing and the housing definitely helps with the heat. I remember seeing IAT's in the high +30's and mid to low 20's with the housing. I'm really looking forward to the AEM.

I've ran the Takeda with and without the housing and the housing definitely helps with the heat. I remember seeing IAT's in the high +30's and mid to low 20's with the housing. I'm really looking forward to the AEM.

Wow! Yeah, the only time you will see +10 is in dead stop traffic. But, anytime you get rolling you're going to be much lower.. You'll be much happier with the AEM.

Last edited:
The Takeda is like the K&N it just replaces the air box and intake tube. All of the resonator pieces remain. AEM! AEM!

So, here are my findings:

After a solid warm up and a couple of intersections my AFe usually runs at a steady +20 degrees over my I-Mid's temperature. Sitting at an intersection idling for 2-3 minutes it can reach +30 degrees.

I installed my AEM CAI today and removed my fog lights and drove home around 12AM. Ambient temperature read 63 and cruising down the freeway my FlashPro recorded 61F. My IAT was actually lower than my I-Mid display. That's pretty impressive. After exiting and reaching city speeds around 45 MPH the log showed a consistant +2 degrees IAT. Sitting at an intersection for more than 2-3 minutes will bring you up to about +15 and settled at +5 after that and then I was home. I haven't tried it yet with the fog assembly in (it's just too awesome without it) but I must say, I'm impressed.

Caveats to this, you'll suck in anything that fits in that light housing, including water, birds, cats and small children. Do at your own risk. Running a SC here in So Cal, I figure I can use all the cold are I can get.

Thanks for sharing your findings.

Back