DIY 2012 Civic JDM Red H Emblem Installation

only way I've ever seen people do it is by welding it,... grinding it all down, and repainting the trunk

Isn't that panel plastic? It Felt like plastic to me when I was screwing with it earlier. I could be wrong though. I need to hunt down a magnet

sorry, realized you're talking about the sedan. I have not felt that piece under the "H" on the sedan...

gal_lg9.jpg

sedan ^^
coupe VV
2012civic3.sized.jpg

Yeah, the Saran one is plastic, it also houses the tag light I assume any sort of plastic "Repair" stuff would work painted to match.

So the front is not like the 8th civic.which has screws holding the emblem?

Is there still not an actual 9th gen Civic JDM red emblem available yet by Honda? I would prefer to have something with direct fitment rather than use the one for the 8th gen.

Last edited:
there isn't a 9th gen type r. Even with the 8th gen people had to break tabs off - if that's what you're referring to?

Kind of a late response, but they do fit the 2013 sedan. I just put mine on there and forgot to even check if they would. Kind of a leap of faith. :p
Just some advice for you:

If you ever wonder if something that fits one car fits another, the first place to look is the OEM part numbers for the stock part. Look on College Hill Honda's website at the parts section and filter by each car and compare part numbers.

For example, I would look up the 2012 Civic Honda badge part number, and then the 2013 Civic Honda badge part number. If they are the same part, then what fits the 2012 also fits the 2013 (and vice versa). However, many times they can have different part numbers and still fit. I would be willing to bet that the badges are the same part number 2012-2013. Knowing that would have removed any doubt you had, (or "leap of faith").

Another example is I wanted the Mugen rear-view mirror cover. I found one for the '09 Fit on inlinefour.com but didn't know if it would fit (they don't make one specifically for our Civic, or at least not advertised as for it). I couldn't find that info anywhere. So, I compared Honda rear-view mirror part numbers and guess what?… the '12 Civic I have used the same part number as the '09 Fit. Ordered and installed no problem :)

Last edited:
If the type r embems are the same as the oem ones. Maybe tracing the oem emblem with a dry erase marker or a grease pen will help with the line up. For the rear of course.

Last edited:
Back