2012 Civic MPG - share your current gas mileage

Or set one meter to zero and use the calculator on your cell phone to manually figure it out after filling up.
"Miles divided gallons ="

IMAG0045_BURST002.jpg
Got lucky and wanted to take a pic before it drastically goes down to 23. Topped off before a 75 mile trip and this what It said turning into the house.

DSCN1886.JPG
On my 2012 LX, the I-mid reported mileage is 6.6L/100 kms or 35.7 US mpg.

My brother Bill also has a 2012 LX, he does about 95% highway / 5% city, and he's gotten his down to 6.0L/100 ( 39.2 US mpg ) average long term. ( 12000 kms ) Both cars are 5 speed manual transmissions.

So far, my i-mid reads 28.1 MPG for the Si. I mix it up between city and highway. Would love to get 30 MPG. My previous car, a verrrry old civic with manual, sipped gas all the time! I was getting over 30 MPG in the city and 40 on the highway. I kind of miss those days already.

I have never reset my Si MPG computer and just hit 9000 miles. I've had the car since mid January and would say only 10 percent of the total miles I've driven have been highway. I'm currently at 32.5 MPG. I do get on it quite a bit, so I am very pleased with the fuel economy. I don't recall what I was getting in the automatic 2010 EX I previously had, but am pretty sure it was well below 30 MPG (same exact driving conditions). Manual transmission all the way! Best way to conserve on fuel!

I have a 2012 civic ex-navi sedan. Freeway + city gets me 29 to 29.5 mpg. Driving from san Fran to LOs Angeles gave me 37.7 mpg. Coming back gave me 36.6(some traffic). To me, city gets very bad mileage on this car.

Also, about the Econ button, I feel like it doesn't help much. I tried the same commute with Econ on with a full gas tank and a tank with it off. It was only off by 1mpg. With Econ on, the car runs sluggish.

Yeah my 2012 Hybrid with Navi feels the same way. It's a good thing Honda gave us a button to turn it off if we want.

Just did a fill up a few days ago so getting 50mpg in Northern California area. That's about 90% hwy with a large hill I cross daily.

This week, I've been driving more often on the highway than city (70/30, respectively). I-Mid says my MPG is at 29.8. I got some stuff hanging out in my trunk, so maybe a little bit of weight-loss will help me eek over 30 :dance:

My last tank on my si i got 19.7 when i calculated it wtf this thing is eating gas and i havent even been beating on it yet because its only got 675 miles. Hope it gets better with age...? Doesnt seem right. And Michael Hurd how are u getting it to display mpg and range?

Doesn't seem right at all. Flip your iMid screen with the top button on the left side of the steering wheel

winter gas additives will hurt mileage by a bit. Nothing you can do but wait till spring for improvements.

I've got every fill up recorded and cell phone(hand) calculated. So far with 17 tanks, I'm averaging 31.276 mpg. EX Coupe 1.8 L

My last tank on my si i got 19.7 when i calculated it wtf this thing is eating gas and i havent even been beating on it yet because its only got 675 miles. Hope it gets better with age...? Doesnt seem right. And Michael Hurd how are u getting it to display mpg and range?

On my LX model ( Canadian car ) I push the button to convert from L/100 Kms to MPG... it calculates the range with your current fuel consumption rate, and the amount of fuel in the tank. If you keep pushing the info button ( I think, not heading out to the car at the moment ), it should toggle between screens.

Depending on your driving habits, stop and go traffic, tire inflation, alignment, etc.... you will find your mileage will fluctuate quite a bit, as well as winter fuel with it's higher percentage of alcohol will lower your economy. Winter tires, warming my car up in the mornings, and driving in the city vs highway has dropped my economy a fair amount.

Back