2012 Civic MPG - share your current gas mileage

SiEnthusiast ........
"Driving at 70 mph I was averaging 34-35 mpg, 65 was like 37 mpg, and 60 you get closer to 40."

Great write up with a good example of a highway trip. Going with 10 gallons 70mph=340 ; 65mph=370 ; 60mph=400

I checked my tire pressure today and they were all at 26-27 >.> Good for the track but not for regular driving.
It's my mistake for not checking them out of the dealer but meh.

Should get a substantial bit better mpg now, inflated to 32 psi, will update after school

I checked my tire pressure today and they were all at 26-27 >.> Good for the track but not for regular driving.
It's my mistake for not checking them out of the dealer but meh.

Should get a substantial bit better mpg now, inflated to 32 psi, will update after school
I'm a tyre pressure freak..... Some things I've found out for our 32lb'ers is checking it warm/hot 35 will put you close to 32 cold.
I check mine cold usually in the morning, I have two things, a bike pump, and an air compressor. I check my MC before every ride(almost), and the car about once a week. You can lose a pound every week or two.

Another thing is with front wheel drive it's more important to rotate tyres due to the frt getting all the wear from braking AND acceleration. I played with this(in this case by being easy on my 1st/2nd gear on my MC) and came away with a thousand+ better wear on my rear tyre. Only get about 8000 on the rear tyre on the mc(which varies from one bike to the other).

Forgot to update the other day with the inflated tires.
Got 2-3 mpg better for the most part. Was able to average 38 MPG going to school 75/25 with no traffic. But i always seem to mess things up when heading back home since i want to hear the engine roar XD

2011-06-23_15-48-01_953-jpg.451

^ did you have a question about that picture?

mines is at 23.5mpg -.-
2012 EXL sedan

any tips to bring it up to at least 30 :/

mines is at 23.5mpg -.-
2012 EXL sedan any tips to bring it up to at least 30 :/
Actually, there is, most is lost during idling &/or acceleration, being smooth and using cruise-control, drifting slowly up to a stop/line of cars timing it to get there about the time the last one in line is taking off again, that way you have a consistent gas feed. The less you stop & start the better, and you don't get there any faster anyway.

econ mode would benefit as well as what monk stated above

oo thankss! maybe i should let my engine roar less too...
and ill give econ a try again :/ its so slowww
thanks againn!!

Got 43.9 mpg today going 26 miles at 40-55 mph on the way to JFK from Staten Island. I had just put in 1.6 gallons of gas, 89 at $4.25 at Mobil, which reset the trip computer. Was exciting! I was driving slow cuz my legs are hurting.

just wondering, how do you know your mpg for the days trip? my cars always 23.5

resetting your trip meter to zero after filling up should reset your gas mileage for your next tank.

Back