2012 Civic MPG - share your current gas mileage

13 si sedan... Ever since I got the car I've been getting terrible mileage... Average on most tanks is about 23mpg with a healthy combo of city and highway.... The best I've seen so far is about 27mpg...
My son has same car. It was the same as yours at first. He's at 3,500 miles now and by driving conservatively is averaging 30-34. That's back and forth in rush hour traffic to the city about 90 miles a day. It has gotten better as car gets more miles and keeping the revs down.

Im averaging around 28.6 with every full up. I drive about half highway ( cruize around 65-70mph) and the other half Is city ( around 40-45 mph)

Bump
Just averaged 30 on a new fillup on my way to work this morning.
Call me crazy, but the last tank i only got 24mpg, i moved my injector ground to a better spot and now getting 30...
IMG_20131107_074711.jpg

since this is a rare Si that has Torque i don't drive it like a normal honda. i can shift at 2500rpm and never downshift when i have to pass and get 32mpg all day. when my brother(who's had a stock and modded EM1 Si) drives it he gets maybe 27 mpg. the torque makes a BIG difference in the driving routine. really love this car

My car is a 2013 Honda Civic LX Coupe. Automatic transmission. I am on a long distance trip from zip codes 85308 to 76088. The average speed I have been traveling is 80MPH through mountainous and hilly terrain. I'm impressed with the MPG with the higher speeds. This average is over the distance you see on the odometer in the picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
bynyry2u.jpg

I get 22MPG in a normal tank, granted I drive 100% city but some the other Si owners have much higher numbers which is concerning. When I do get a chance to drive highway I pull about 26-27MPG.

I get 22MPG in a normal tank, granted I drive 100% city but some the other Si owners have much higher numbers which is concerning. When I do get a chance to drive highway I pull about 26-27MPG.

I get those same numbers too. If I drive more conservatively, it bumps up a little.

Have you tried engine breaking? You'd be surprised at how much those numbers would jump while doing so (it blows my mind every time I do it) ;-)

how much variance have you guys been seeing between the computer and hand calculating?

I've been keeping a running log(on Paper), and each time(every) I fill up, I calculate it from my phone calc., then check it with the cars calc., and it's usually with in a mile or so of being the same................

I'd say the car favours better mileage(of course), but not that much. It's close enough for me........

I've seen around 1 or 2 L/100km variance, and like Monk said, the Trip Computer makes it seem a bit better than calculating it manually ;-)

From the first few tanks, I haven't been doing it recently, but I noticed a 2-3 MPG difference... But may be different now. Getting better MPG with more miles on the motor now

From the first few tanks, I haven't been doing it recently, but I noticed a 2-3 MPG difference... But may be different now. Getting better MPG with more miles on the motor now
Our Imid Display runs 6.5% (2 mpg) high - but still averaging 32.3 mpg over 18,000+ miles (lo 29.7 winter or 75+ with AC on; 37.7 high hiway to 65mph some AC)

Back