2012 Civic Si

None of that feels more than 1/4'' thick, but if you guys say it would hold the weight that works for me. Except for the paint issue...

If you use the jack that came with the car it will fit right on the ridge , if you use a flat head jack I'd go about 6" s further under the car pass the ridge till you see a sunken place that it will fit on.

I will check to see if there is a space wide enough that far in that will accommodate a floor jack. Thanks!

I don't have a 2012 to snap pics, but I could go to a dealership and snap pics if no one else posts some up

both the front and rear on the 9th gen have a spot that's lower than the rest. That is the jack point.

rear point on coupe -

rear.sized.jpg

front spot below -
front_001.sized.jpg

as for the paint - I was notified at the dealership that they are all coated from the factory with an undercoating/weatherproofing material on the edge like that. You can see that line on both pics, and how it wraps under the car on the frame rail. They're all that way.

Thanks for the info! You guys definitely go out of your way to help a person out. I will now be doing the rears next weekend. Can't wait either as the fronts look great.

So, I pulled the plug and ordered a CT Engineering short shifter today from ProCivic. Looks like I may have two projects this weekend if it shows up by Friday.

I plan on doing a DIY as I noticed there isn't one in the DIY thread.

Speaking of, Webby you should add those picks for the rear jack point to the DIY thread.

link me to where you'd like the pic added? I'm not sure what thread you're referring to

I would start a new one titled "How to jack up your car." I have seen the question asked multiple times in multiple threads, but never found a good answer before. Hence the questions here.

You can use those pics if you're starting a new thread or DIY. No problem.

Will do. I will post those when I do the short shift DIY also.

I ordered some base bushings from CorSport today. My short shift should be here tomorrow, but I will wait until next weekend to install it so I can do a DIY for both. I would rather not have to pull it apart twice.

I ordered some base bushings from CorSport today. My short shift should be here tomorrow, but I will wait until next weekend to install it so I can do a DIY for both. I would rather not have to pull it apart twice.
squiggy, what are you referring to when you say base bushings? What are those?

I believe the base bushings go under the shifter assembly where the mounting bolts thread. The replacement bushings are more solid than the oem ones, and reduce the movement of the shifter assembly.

Back