2012 Civic Si

I got my rear calipers painted, VTEC stickers removed, security stickers on the windows removed, and a chip in the paint touched up this weekend. Can't wait for the rest of my parts to get here so I can do those next weekend.

Pics to come soon. Car is not presentable as it needs a bath.

Can't seem to stop spending...

Just ordered a cargo net, red dome light LED, and a blue license plate light LEDs (hopefully not too blue. Don't want to get pulled over.) Goal is to do a DIY for the cargo net if I get it in time.

im in illinois maybe 1 day we can meet up for a powow to talk and idea's... i go to these car meets and shows and im the only 1 with a 9th coupe :(

I just got the CT engineering short shift adapter and CorSport base bushings installed. I cannot recommend them enough. The difference is phenomenal!

DIYs to follow.

im in illinois maybe 1 day we can meet up for a powow to talk and idea's... i go to these car meets and shows and im the only 1 with a 9th coupe :(

I am thinking of trying to start a club in my neck of the woods. Hopefully try to get affiliated with a local garage.

Ordered some Nokya yellow fogs and a set of cargo hooks today. My bank account sure is not happy with me, but i'm sure my car loves me!

Put the fog light bulbs and some WeatherTech mats in today. As well as a blue LED license plate bulb. Will have to wait until dark to see how blue it is an whether or not I will be able to keep it in.

Still have a cargo net and some hooks to put in. I will have to talk to my dealership to see if I can utilize their rivet tool, though.

Put the fog light bulbs and some WeatherTech mats in today. As well as a blue LED license plate bulb. Will have to wait until dark to see how blue it is an whether or not I will be able to keep it in.

Still have a cargo net and some hooks to put in. I will have to talk to my dealership to see if I can utilize their rivet tool, though.
Funny, I put my WeatherTech mats in today as well. They fit perfectly! Love em.
Now all I need to do is sort out my snow tires and I'm ready for winter :( although if I had my choice I'd never have to deal with winter.

Funny, I put my WeatherTech mats in today as well. They fit perfectly! Love em.
Now all I need to do is sort out my snow tires and I'm ready for winter :( although if I had my choice I'd never have to deal with winter.

Definitely agree with that.

I am probably going to test out the all season tires the car came with this winter and make a decision next year on winter tires.

I am probably going to test out the all season tires the car came with this winter and make a decision next year on winter tires.
squiggy, there is a HUGE difference between all seasons and winter tires!! After trying winter tires on a Civic I had previously I wouldn't drive through another winter without them. They stop, turn, and go forward SO much better than all seasons. This will be my third Civic with winter tires. I'm getting them this week cuz it's getting cold :sadbanana:

I have driven for 10 years without winter tires on uncleaned icy roads in Europe and when I tried the winter's for the first time here by force, mandated by law, I wondered why I have never got them before. You take off faster with them in deep snow and they really make driving more fun in winter, you still skid but they get control back faster. With the winter tires I overtake more SUVs than I do in the summer :>

squiggy, there is a HUGE difference between all seasons and winter tires!! After trying winter tires on a Civic I had previously I wouldn't drive through another winter without them. They stop, turn, and go forward SO much better than all seasons. This will be my third Civic with winter tires. I'm getting them this week cuz it's getting cold :sadbanana:

The problem is that I have a hard time justifying the expense when the snow doesn't really stay on the roads for more than two months total through our winters.

The problem is that I have a hard time justifying the expense when the snow doesn't really stay on the roads for more than two months total through our winters.
True it is an extra expense. I personally like the comfort of knowing I have the extra grip and stopping power in the crumby weather especially with the fwd.
I guess it's like insurance. You only need it when you need it.

Blue LED for the license plate was definitely a no go. On the other hand, I bought white LEDs for the reverse lights, license plate, and map lights. Will probably eventually replace the turn signals (front and back) and brake lights, too.

Still waiting on the red dome light. The plan is to match with the ambient light kit eventually.

Back