2012 si sedan middletown NY

oh absolutely!! me switching from the WRX back to an SI isn't a knock on the wrx, just the si fits ME better for my needs and what i'm looking for from a vehicle.

So a slower vehicle that doesn't perform as well in the snow fits your needs better.. ;)

I will give you better MPGs, lower car payments and lower insurance ;)

I'm glad mine is paid off ^_^ It's been since last September. :excited:

I'm actually in my Subie right now typing this on my laptop (using my phones wifi tethering) :D

I guess if it snows too bad you could just stay home and not drive... I am not "required" to work in all weather conditions but they want us to try to come to work in the snow. Damn government. lol

I will give you better MPGs, lower car payments and lower insurance ;)

I'm glad mine is paid off ^_^ It's been since last September. :excited:

I'm actually in my Subie right now typing this on my laptop (using my phones wifi tethering) :D

I guess if it snows too bad you could just stay home and not drive... I am not "required" to work in all weather conditions but they want us to try to come to work in the snow. Damn government. lol

haha. typical government worker ;)
a car is a very subjective thing. everybody wants something different in a car. for my needs, and my feeling, the WRX speed was overkill, at least at the moment. I never used the power, so really I was paying for something I never used, you know?

I can afford a beater at this point but I'm cheap and worried it will be a shitter because it's used.. :-/

As for the "typical gov't worker" comment. ***** I was working! Updating my service tickets and posting a bit ;)

I was tagged in here? Okay. I'll add ... Something.

Ed's first problem is that he bought a GR chassis WRX. They're bloated beans that suck stock. It can be fixed but even that is meh. Personally, I have come to not care for the GR. My boyfriend has one and to me it's a starter SUV. However, I do like Josh's (Floppy Noodle)badass STI. It spanks the GR WRX but I'm still partial to the GD chassis.

His second problem is that he modded the ever living **** out of it right off the bat.

His third problem is that he expected rabid, hyper, squirrel like handling like the Hondas have had since the inception of VTEC. If you want that with a Subaru name, you need a BRZ.

His fourth is saying it has straight line power. I'm still lolling.

My best handling car to date was my '95 Del Lol (sol) S with a 1.5lt and an auto. It had KYB AGX struts with Skunk2 sleeved coilovers and a strut bar from a GSR and riding on Toyo T1Ss. It had no power but in the Italian mountains, it didn't matter. I constantly had Italians stalking me to find out how that little bugger hugged the curves so well.

Second best handler was my '04 Z with full NA mods and a Hotchkis TVS-1 suspension kit on stock struts and riding on Nitto NT555 extremes. Power + handling and a headache to deal with for a long time.

My third best is a tie between my '06 SI with Tein SS coils, a progress rear away bar, and riding on Toyo T1Rs and my '07 WRX (the better choice WRX) on BC BR coils, stock everything else suspension wise and on Conti DWS extremes which will probably be replaced with Toyo R1Rs ( see the theme). I expected the Del Sol's handling in the SI and didn't get it. After the Z, I was prepared for the WRX to feel soft and nothing has changed. Even modded, it's still soft but it's my daily driver and the roads here are **** so I couldn't give a single ---- about handling onramps at take off speed.

I was grossly disappointed in my SI's lack of handling. I expected better from my WRX but when I think about the power I have, the handling, and the expectations I have period 10 cars later, I'm more than happy with it.

Subies aren't for everyone. I wish more people realized that. For me, this is my last car for a while. I'm getting a truck next. I love my car but I'm burnt out and want to be able to drive over and through stuff. Plus, I live down south and am turning into a redneck.

Ed, enjoy the SI. Orange is a nice color. I will say, now that I upgraded the turbo and got it tuned, I hate the gas pump and thats where I still feel Hondas are superior. Lol

And screw you Josh (Clevername) for turning me into a Toyota lover. Lol :p

thanks for the props on the color, i'm in love with it.
and yeah, after the upgraded parts and a tune the gas pump hated me : (
why are you lol'ing at straight line power? my wrx had it in bunches, more than i ever needed (i got greedy)
the si has more than i generally need, my favorite point of driving my vehicle was my old fg2 with I/H/E and a flashpro tune, that was right where I felt I never NEEDED more power
i just felt the wrx power for me was a waste based on how i drive 95% of the time, due to the fact that it cost a ton more to maintain for me (especially gas wise, and car payment wise) and i wasn't using what was there : (
the SI handles enough for what i use it for, it is definitely hyper rabid compared to the wrx, which like i said felt heavy to me in daily driving (entry level SUV is right)

on a side note, my buddy just got a '12 wrx sedan limited, he's going to be going stg2 on it very soon, we took it to a REAL track up here (monticello motor club, over $100k a year to be a member, one of our patients is friends with the owner and got us on for a day)
we got to drive a new CTS-V wagon two laps each with a pro in shotgun, then he took it for 2 laps each with us, DAMN that motor was beast!!

he then took my buddy's STI out to the track, we got 2 laps each with us driving, then he did 2 laps...those brembos were SMOKING (literally) after the end of the laps, we got it up to 130 on one of the straightaways.

this is a serious track up here, lots of lamborghinis, porsches, etc come (rich mofos and their toys!!)

MMC_racingtrack.jpg

Makes sense. Specially about the daily driver stuff.

I was going to throw a VF48 from a 2010 STI on my car. Then I thought about how and where I drive. I threw a VF30 from a V.7 STI on instead. It probably has less than 300hp but I don't care. It's my daily driver and it's fun.

As far as another daily goes, if i was sticking to cars, I'd probably get an FRS with an auto. A BRZ limited would be perfect but I don't know of they have an auto. But I want bigger, so I'll end up with an auto V6 4WD Tacoma next. I can also be convinced to get a 4Runner. I just want to be lazy and i don't care as much anymore and there are really no cars I like other than mine. Plus, I live in family land. Everyone owns trucks and SUVs here. I'm tired of not being able to see anything in front of these asshats. My back is still bothering me too and I'm tired of crawling out of cars.

/end complaining and being an old fart

i haven't heard much about the auto's in them, are they any good?
the tacoma is definitely a solid choice, i'm not a huge toyota fan overall but that's a good, solid vehicle.
i looked into a BRZ/FRS but we get some wicked winters up here, and i drove over a mountain to work, so yeah, as my only vehicle it wouldn't be a good idea.
we took the SI up to lake george last weekend (3-4 hour drive on NY state thruway AKA pothole hell) and it was smooth and awesome, no complaints, my rear end didn't hurt
when i took my WRX down to cape may, my *** felt like it had been kicked by a hundred donkeys after 2.5 hours in that thing

Thanks. I dropped $3k on a Sleep number M7 and it has helped a ton but I can't take the at for too long or I want to strangle people.

Back