2013 Honda Civic Redesign Info - Updates Inside

We haven't seen actual photos of the Coupe yet, but the documentation I read showed no new exterior styling changes.
That doesn't mean Honda didn't chrome the hell out of them too...

Personally I think the dash is too "busy" as it is, but its masked well, with the new trim pieces and accents it just makes it stand out and to me 1000x worse as a result.

Personally I think the dash is too "busy" as it is, but its masked well, with the new trim pieces and accents it just makes it stand out and to me 1000x worse as a result.
To me it looks like they over-compensated. It may grow on me later, but I don't feel like I missed out on anything.
We haven't seen the Si yet though...

I'm jealous of the new backup camera and the new text display stuff. The Sedan changed quite a bit, I heard the coupe is the same exterior wise but the interior will get some upgrades.

Is it just a software update on the imid for the text display or a whole new system? Maybe we can update our systems to the new version maybe?

I hope it's an update. I want that feature.

Same here. I love the i-MID and the entire concept behind it. What I do not like is the idiotic limitations they put on it. I cannot tell you much I want to pull my hair out at the fact that Honda thinks I'm too stupid to scroll through my iPhone 4's Phonebook through the i-MID system, but sees absolutely no issue with me scrolling through over 1,000 artists on the i-MID screen from my iPod.

To me, "Hand's Free" is just that - I don't want to have to even touch my phone to make or receive a call. And outside of programming 15 "voice tags" that require me to go through the vocal instructions each time I want to dial, as well as listen to a playback of myself saying the name, just to make a call.

It needs some updating and Honda would have been very foolish not to have programmed the vehicle to get updates to it. I'm already jealous of the features the new CR-V has in it's i-MID. I can't tell you how much I want text reading that the 2013 is getting, as well as the Pandora accessibility.

I'm pretty confident that a simple software update will add the Pandora and text features to anyone who has a navigation system. But I'm not sure how an i-Mid upgrade would be accomplished.
I already know that the rearview camera is not plug-and-play for 2012 Sedans due to trunk design and wiring differences, but that isn't going to stop me from attempting a retrofit. I ordered the 2013 camera yesterday ($174 + shipping) and will tinker with it once it comes in. Some people with 2012's have already managed to get other 3rd-party cameras to work off of the i-Mid, so I think the software may already be in our cars...it's just a matter of ingenuity.

Still no info. regarding the Si changes....if any?

I think the refresh is a step in the right direction, it's defintely a little more refined; however I find the lack of projectors quite disappointing.

Currently owning an '11 Si Sedan, my biggest complaint is how weak the factory headlights are. Yes, I'm cognizant of aftermarket HID options, but I love the factory headlights of my '07 Subaru STi, they're superb. I know an Si isn't an STi, but for the price of an Si, you'd think you'd get a little more.

Regardless, I'm still quite eager to see some shots of a "refrehsed" Si sedan.

Honda Civic Touring model, available in Canada only:
I must admit, these photos are much more flattering.

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

c5.jpg

c6.jpg

c7.jpg

c8.jpg

c9.jpg

man... looks much better. The dash material is stitched, or made to look stitched. Looks like it'd have a great feel to it.

Looks absolutely fantastic. Let's hope for the 2012 folks that some of these parts are interchangeable.

man... looks much better. The dash material is stitched, or made to look stitched. Looks like it'd have a great feel to it.

i hope its actually soft touch or really stitched and not some sort of deceptive hard plastic molding

Back