2014 civic si Engine Light : Check Emissions System.

check FI, fuel pump and fuel filter all three have to work. I think they are doing a very poor job. You might want to go some where else. Me I would check FI first because that's where junk would end up. You could clear up the FI then it runs good for a while and does it again then fuel pump and filter.

He says that the fuel filter in this car is pretty much along side the fuel pump .

When they call back I’m going to get them to check FI

I use injector cleaner all the time and I haven't had my FI dirty again. It takes just a tiny bit of dirt to screw it up. I did replace the fuel pump and filter as well as clean the injectors. I also never run the tank with less than half a tank of gas to help keep water out. On srt-4 you replace the fuel pump and filter at same time, I don't know what Honda setup is or the fuel pump. Fuel pumps on the srt-4 are sometimes defective brand new even. Oh your gas tank should be flushed out too. Perhaps a locking gas cap too so sneaky Elmo doesn't attack, beware of bad gas coming from shady gas stations too.:shadyhat:

Last edited:
** CEL CHECK EMISSIONS SYSTEM+IDLE ISSUE SOLVED.

Hello everyone Would like to let everyone know that my issues have been resolved, this is what happened.
The car was taken to three shops,
Raven Auto Sports
Honda Dealership
Canadian Tire; RESOLVED THE ISSUE

After taking the car back on Monday the 15th. We picked up the car from Honda and took it to Canadian Tire...I made the decision to take it to Canadian Tire because...
Honda, since the beginning of bringing this issue it was negative...they would continuously bring up how the car is not STOCK ( The car has a RES DELETE and A SHORT RAM INTAKE)

my father contacted the shop FOREMAN and GM, GO of the garage at Canadian Tire, he has been specializing in diagnostics for about 35 years. He also kept me from spending 100's of dollars
on putting my res back on etc to go back to stock.

As our last hope, we brought it to him......

After having it for a day he calls me into the garage and wanted me to explain the full story to him, as
he heard many different stories from my father, and Honda themselves; The Foreman ''Steve" and The Service Adviser
At Honda ''Jason' both actually know each other as well.. and we're trying to fix the exact issue.

He told me he sees no issue with fuel as the trims look good etc..he than began to explain how 1. He believes the car is not getting enough air, or the correct air
in order to run correctly, which is why it was running LEAN. He also said that he took drove the car about (approx) 60kms multiple times and noticed
that there was actually a lean condition in bank 3 as he was driving it ... he had computers hooked up and showed me graphs of how at different rpm it almost hesitated to go, and it different RPMS and when he went to downshift the air ratio is just not correct.
He proceeded to clean all injectors, and clean the throttle body, run some fuel cleaner through the car also injector cleaner.

As he was looking around, he noticed that the MAF and the actual INTAKE itself was not positioned correctly.

he drew another picture, explaining how the intake was sitting the MAF sensor was not sitting nicely, causing some issues there as well.
NO CEL LIGHT IS ON.

It is odd to me that when I put in fuel twice, right when I started the car the light came on but had nothing to do with fuel really...

As for the o2 SENSOR from Honda that was replaced. Most civic si's o2 sensor needs to be replaced every 100k. so I don't see that as a loss fully

@sunofwolf you were right some of the injectors were dirty and also most of all the MAF sensor and intake not sitting correctly, makes you think that two shops had it before CT and they didn't see it.

The idle issue is gone, the CEL light is off.

He has NOT charged me yet.. he told me to drive the car for a few days and let him know how it is... the burping is gone, the blank spot is also gone.

was this because of the fuel injectors... or the incorrectly positioned MAF?

Thank you, everyone, once again for your help regarding my issue
and I hope this will help you!

Last edited:
honda installed your new MAF sensor, isn't that right? Their techs had it installed incorrectly?

My guess would be the injectors were fouling up your stuff. Most aftermarket intakes do not position the MAF exactly as the OEM placement with no issue. Clogged injectors were sending my 8th gen into limp mode, so i guess take that for what you will. Just giving my two cents.

Glad your problem is solved though, sorry you had such a time with all the shops, including Honda. But they can be finicky about aftermarket stuff, especially when something is acting up...

Ya stupid old SRT-4 driver knew what was wrong as I said about three days ago-LOL:excited:, it took three shops to fix it LOL:giggle:
ya I continue to know nothing except what not to do, bring my car to a Honda dealer or buy a car from a Honda dealer. Lean condition at different rpms-da fuel system problem, very first check and blow out fuel injectors and use injector cleaner all the time, techron is the best and a cheap stuff to put in is ant-freeze injector cleaner in the red bottle, buy 4 at a time and its $5 at wally world-would have saved you all this trouble:flame:

The car isn't going to run right with a 17.4:1 a/f. I would put your entire oem air box, oem air filter, etc ALL back in place. Do the battery removal/idle relearn procedure with the stock airbox and report back. That won't cost you a dime, and you can at least eliminate the aftermarket intake as a problem point. Ideally the car should be running 14.7:1. It should have zero to do with your injectors, as they are spraying fuel based on what the maf is saying it's getting for air flow into the engine. You have a new maf sensor, so you know it's not the culprit.
Zero to do with fuel Injectors-Webby LOL!:bananawhipdance:

That statement is wrong, I had plugged up fuel injectors-the fix cost nothing. Take them out and shoot compressed air at them and clean them. A tiny bit of dirt is all it takes. I run injector cleaner all the time-techron and haven't had any problems after that. It's sound like your not getting enough gas. Could also be the fuel pump is going bad or a bad fuel filter. On the neon's you have to take the gas tank out and change the fuel pump and filter at the same time. Maybe Elmo the rotten teenage kid put something in your gas tank. They are sneaking around doing stuff like that all the time.
7 days ago I fixed the problem:bananapoke:

Zero to do with fuel Injectors-Webby LOL!:bananawhipdance:
and also most of all the MAF sensor and intake not sitting correctly

good reading comprehension

here's a cookie. Go troll the srt forums.

XYCVaUu.png

elmo out

mult problems, 1. FI the worst then maybe the 2.Map sensor got oil on it from the air filter, then 3.Honda tech screw up with map too-because of the screwy short ram filter had a lousy setup for the Map sensor,:unamusedpopcorn: note the company who made this piece of junk short ram setup:clapping:. I deserve two cookie's, oh I fixed that problem for free- 2 Excellent Fresh cookies from subway and two foot long sandwiches for din din.:paper:

@George Tsimiklis I am happy for you. hopefully this time you can move along with no more issues. I believe you putting gas in was probably just a coincidence.

@sunofwolf I mentioned fuel injectors on the 16th. My 1st impression was the MAF sensor probably just needed to be cleaned since he just installed an oiled filter and it can cause the sensor to not read correctly if it gets oil or dirt on it.

Personally not being there just makes it a guessing game. Sometimes you can pull the spark plugs and see 1or more bank(s) is running rich or lean depending on how bad it is along with multiple other checks. Also sometimes using a 3.5" intake on our car's will cause a check code because I needs to be turned.

You are correct, I send a cookie and you are also correct about the 3.5 intake-way too much air for a stock tune. it is a guessing game on fixing cars, I would look at cheap fix's first then move on. it would seem the dirt getting in might have to do with installing the 3.5 intake but could also have just seem to hit at the same time. I am glad the car is fixed.:driving: It is just kind of fun to fix things, but I don't work on anything till I know not to screw up. A little bit at a time is how you work on Honda because it just extremely touchy!:joke: the old srt-4 mostly doesn't mind being messed with .:paper:

Back