2014 si flashpro

Gonna break it in first. 1000 miles. Only mod I am getting will be suspension. Just really want more low end and better response. And possibly the mpg gains.
What kit you going to get? Trust me once you get used to it you'll want a power adder mod and then maybe a tune. You will not regret getting flashpro. That's why I suggested you get used to your ride 1st and then once you do a tune, it's fun all over again. Then it will be fun every time you will get a new mod. Flashpro will get all the performance you can get from the part you install plus it will run the way it's supposed to. have a good day puke.

What kit you going to get? Trust me once you get used to it you'll want a power adder mod and then maybe a tune. You will not regret getting flashpro. That's why I suggested you get used to your ride 1st and then once you do a tune, it's fun all over again. Then it will be fun every time you will get a new mod. Flashpro will get all the performance you can get from the part you install plus it will run the way it's supposed to. have a good day puke.
No kits. Waiting on Honda hpf/hpd to release sport suspension kit for '14 civic. Or get koni inserts. Just found out a little while ago I will be keeping the 18" rims that come with the '14 I purchased. The tpms sensors between the '13 and '14 are incompatible and my sales guy said service manager said I would have to deal with an always on tpms light which I don't wanna deal with. Ugh. I am losing my michelin pilot sport 3 a/s, getting crappy conti's in return and more weight and costlier tires in long run. Anyways, gonna break in the car first. Minimum 1000 miles. Probably 2500 before I drop the $800 for a flashpro. Maybe I might just like it all the way. Loved the way the '13 drove aside from weak suspension. Could've used a bit more low end but I am not about performance. I'd take a better handling car any day over more performance.

No kits. Waiting on Honda hpf/hpd to release sport suspension kit for '14 civic. Or get koni inserts. Just found out a little while ago I will be keeping the 18" rims that come with the '14 I purchased. The tpms sensors between the '13 and '14 are incompatible and my sales guy said service manager said I would have to deal with an always on tpms light which I don't wanna deal with. Ugh. I am losing my michelin pilot sport 3 a/s, getting crappy conti's in return and more weight and costlier tires in long run. Anyways, gonna break in the car first. Minimum 1000 miles. Probably 2500 before I drop the $800 for a flashpro. Maybe I might just like it all the way. Loved the way the '13 drove aside from weak suspension. Could've used a bit more low end but I am not about performance. I'd take a better handling car any day over more performance.
You will definitely like the car as is because they are a sweet ride to begin with. You'll get used to it and when the time comes and you do get flashpro you'll be like oh ya new car feeling again. Trust me you'll love the power gains and won't want to give them back... he he plus a few other nice things that come along with the flahpro and just to say I'm a virgin as well with flashpro so take my word on it on how much you'll love the car that much more when you experience this new beast. Have you ever looked at tein suspension they have some nice stuff in different price ranges... especially when it comes to combining their suspension with the edfc. If you don't know what that is I won't tell you... I'll let you find out and be surprised on your own because it's something worth looking at. Why are you losing the pilot tires? To be honest they impressed me more than I thought they would especially in the corners but they are noisy and off the line they lack the hooking we want on the road when it counts... other than that they are more than fine to use until dead and time to change. I'll be excited when that day comes as well even though I haven't completely setteled on what rubber I'd like next.

Just drove it home 50 miles today. Wow. Some really minute but noticeable differences. Steering is much faster and responds better. Didn't rev it up yet. Waiting till 1000 miles. Exhaust sounded riceyer. Yeah. Just made that up. My '13 si sounded throatier. I'm not an exhaust connoisseur but I think I liked the throatier more, but may like the riceyer sound more because it isn't as pronounced. Maybe breaking it in will change it. Seats seem firmer. Maybe got used to my '13 seats molding to my ***. We shall see. 7" display is awesome. Not gimmicky and should get better with android support. Thought the lane assist would be cool but so far it is distracting. Maybe my thoughts will change in commute traffic. I drove it home back country roads. Having blue pearl seems to make big difference in heat retention but then again it wasn't hot today with the cool front that came into Houston area. Ended up getting to keep the 18's and aren't as bad as I thought. Seemed to help the handling some. And the lower profile 225/40/18 conti's were OK on smoothness. Quietness, hell no. Haven't tested traction. Miss my pilot sport 3's already though they were rougher on ride with stiffer sidewall and about the same noise. Expected that though with pilot's as they're more performance oriented. So Fae thumbs up.

You will definitely like the car as is because they are a sweet ride to begin with. You'll get used to it and when the time comes and you do get flashpro you'll be like oh ya new car feeling again. Trust me you'll love the power gains and won't want to give them back... he he plus a few other nice things that come along with the flahpro and just to say I'm a virgin as well with flashpro so take my word on it on how much you'll love the car that much more when you experience this new beast. Have you ever looked at tein suspension they have some nice stuff in different price ranges... especially when it comes to combining their suspension with the edfc. If you don't know what that is I won't tell you... I'll let you find out and be surprised on your own because it's something worth looking at. Why are you losing the pilot tires? To be honest they impressed me more than I thought they would especially in the corners but they are noisy and off the line they lack the hooking we want on the road when it counts... other than that they are more than fine to use until dead and time to change. I'll be excited when that day comes as well even though I haven't completely setteled on what rubber I'd like next.
No way in the world I am getting teins. Honda sports suspension and/or konis inserts. Don't think I need to drop it. The wheel well looks fine now that I have 18's. If the sports suspension drops it an inch I sure do hope it is more than 10% stiffer springs. Proabaly a 25% stiffer spring would be good.

No way in the world I am getting teins. Honda sports suspension and/or konis inserts. Don't think I need to drop it. The wheel well looks fine now that I have 18's. If the sports suspension drops it an inch I sure do hope it is more than 10% stiffer springs. Proabaly a 25% stiffer spring would be good.
I guess you don't like teins huh he he Is that Honda suspension adjustable? This is awesome because you can adjust them and that's why I mentioned the tein with edfc because you can make adjustments from the interior of your car and I find that sweet. Nice in car eye candy and practical because you don't physically have to get out and adjust them. How's your day treating you anyway?

Just drove it home 50 miles today. Wow. Some really minute but noticeable differences. Steering is much faster and responds better. Didn't rev it up yet. Waiting till 1000 miles. Exhaust sounded riceyer. Yeah. Just made that up. My '13 si sounded throatier. I'm not an exhaust connoisseur but I think I liked the throatier more, but may like the riceyer sound more because it isn't as pronounced. Maybe breaking it in will change it. Seats seem firmer. Maybe got used to my '13 seats molding to my ***. We shall see. 7" display is awesome. Not gimmicky and should get better with android support. Thought the lane assist would be cool but so far it is distracting. Maybe my thoughts will change in commute traffic. I drove it home back country roads. Having blue pearl seems to make big difference in heat retention but then again it wasn't hot today with the cool front that came into Houston area. Ended up getting to keep the 18's and aren't as bad as I thought. Seemed to help the handling some. And the lower profile 225/40/18 conti's were OK on smoothness. Quietness, hell no. Haven't tested traction. Miss my pilot sport 3's already though they were rougher on ride with stiffer sidewall and about the same noise. Expected that though with pilot's as they're more performance oriented. So Fae thumbs up.
I wish I was there to see your face and that biG smile wrapping around your head.. he he Congrats by the way Puke! With that model Honda retuned the exhaust and gave the car a few more ponies, but the sound will definitely settle as the car is broken in. I remember going through that and was very happy with the exhaust note after being broken in. I was even more surprised with the tuning process how it changed the exhaust note and I like it even more now. It will make it that much harder to change when the time comes but am definitely enjoying it more now. I remember my 1st drive like you and I remember it took me quite awhile to even put music on because the engine and exhaust tones were all the music I wanted to hear.. he he Enjoy the drive my friend because you only get the 1st day once. I'm anxious to see how fast you burn threw your 1st tank...lol

I wish I was there to see your face and that biG smile wrapping around your head.. he he Congrats by the way Puke! With that model Honda retuned the exhaust and gave the car a few more ponies, but the sound will definitely settle as the car is broken in. I remember going through that and was very happy with the exhaust note after being broken in. I was even more surprised with the tuning process how it changed the exhaust note and I like it even more now. It will make it that much harder to change when the time comes but am definitely enjoying it more now. I remember my 1st drive like you and I remember it took me quite awhile to even put music on because the engine and exhaust tones were all the music I wanted to hear.. he he Enjoy the drive my friend because you only get the 1st day once. I'm anxious to see how fast you burn threw your 1st tank...lol
Lol. I actually wasn't all that anxious when I went to pick it up. I signed off on it Friday. Had to wait for rim swap and side molding. Ended up keeping 18" rims because they said tpms issues. I actually didn't get that smile on my face until about 25 miles and I made a pass dropping to 5th from 6th. If you do t know, I haven't had my CBP '13 civic si since august 19th because of a wreck. So I've been driving an f-150 and a '13 civic lx as loaner. So yeah o did get that big grin finaaaaaaally. Even though our si's aren't really sport cars, between the Honda engines and stock HP/torque possessing plenty of oomph for a compact, there's plenty of satisfaction in passing, getting on it or the occasional let's do it race. And the fact most Honda's are really driver's cars. People that enjoy driving tend to like Hondas a lot. Even soccer moms and dads that are driving odysseys. You wouldn't believe how often i see an odyssey getting on it. Cracks me up. I think I've had two odysseys try to race me before. Lol.

What I really like is either my stereo was broken in already or it sounded OK driving it off the lot at 11miles on the odometer. My '13 was so shrill the first week or so and it actually gave me headaches but I just jammed it loud with sunroof down til it broke in. The '14 sounds a lot better for some reason. I don't know if it has more low end or the treble is recessed. I think the trble is definitely recessed. The bass may sound better because I got the trunk tray and maybe that is helping the free air sub acoustics. From what I've read the amps are probably the same but who knows. It sounded a bit flatter. I haven't made sound adjustments yet so I maybe I can tweak it a little more to my liking.

Oh, BTW, did Honda thicken the glass even more on the '14's? I noticed less wind noise from windows. I definitely think they made an improvement somehow. Could be the shape of the front dissipating some air maybe? I do t know but definitwly quieter on that front.

Love the 7" display. Thought it was gimmicky but it's awesome. Need android support already honda.! Ya heard?! Still need an analog know on the dash though. Completely agree with the knob missing. I know steering controls but I always reached for the analog knob on dash when I pulled up somewhere. Still reaching at the screen. Lol.

Even though our si's aren't really sport cars

Actually, the car magazines refer to them as Sport Compacts. Suspension is referred to as sport-tuned. Enigne is high output. Also, do you happen to know what the SI stands for?

Sport injected. Of course. I will call it a sports car when the suspension is up to snuff. Like hfp suspension out of the box. And performance oriented tires out of the box.

Lol. I actually wasn't all that anxious when I went to pick it up. I signed off on it Friday. Had to wait for rim swap and side molding. Ended up keeping 18" rims because they said tpms issues. I actually didn't get that smile on my face until about 25 miles and I made a pass dropping to 5th from 6th. If you do t know, I haven't had my CBP '13 civic si since august 19th because of a wreck. So I've been driving an f-150 and a '13 civic lx as loaner. So yeah o did get that big grin finaaaaaaally. Even though our si's aren't really sport cars, between the Honda engines and stock HP/torque possessing plenty of oomph for a compact, there's plenty of satisfaction in passing, getting on it or the occasional let's do it race. And the fact most Honda's are really driver's cars. People that enjoy driving tend to like Hondas a lot. Even soccer moms and dads that are driving odysseys. You wouldn't believe how often i see an odyssey getting on it. Cracks me up. I think I've had two odysseys try to race me before. Lol.

What I really like is either my stereo was broken in already or it sounded OK driving it off the lot at 11miles on the odometer. My '13 was so shrill the first week or so and it actually gave me headaches but I just jammed it loud with sunroof down til it broke in. The '14 sounds a lot better for some reason. I don't know if it has more low end or the treble is recessed. I think the trble is definitely recessed. The bass may sound better because I got the trunk tray and maybe that is helping the free air sub acoustics. From what I've read the amps are probably the same but who knows. It sounded a bit flatter. I haven't made sound adjustments yet so I maybe I can tweak it a little more to my liking.

Oh, BTW, did Honda thicken the glass even more on the '14's? I noticed less wind noise from windows. I definitely think they made an improvement somehow. Could be the shape of the front dissipating some air maybe? I do t know but definitwly quieter on that front.

Love the 7" display. Thought it was gimmicky but it's awesome. Need android support already honda.! Ya heard?! Still need an analog know on the dash though. Completely agree with the knob missing. I know steering controls but I always reached for the analog knob on dash when I pulled up somewhere. Still reaching at the screen. Lol.
Holy madness and crAzZyyy shiZzz. I'm glad you're ok from the accident. I appreciate you sharing that. I can definitely feel you on the accident thing. I can actually say I was in 1 that made the local news and was in our popular newspaper. I wasn't the driver and the car was scraped. I walked away with just minor cuts from glass. I'm glad we're both enjoying now... well you're almost there minus the suspension right.. he he I've never had an odyssey want a pull with me but I'll try anyone because I've had it out with a few lower powered Porsche's and gave them a good run for the money and that was due to driving which was a nice buZz to experience but not for especially 1 of them... he he The best ever was this guy in a nice well kept 5L mustang and we did like close to 10 pulls. I wish there were more people like him because he was so chill and never cared about winning or losing it was just about the fun. I should have kept in touch with him and could have been like, what's up bud? you on the road? and want to do a few pulls?... he he I don't know about the window thing but think you might be right about the aerodynamics but I do love the radio as well. The car gets started then the radio is on.. pretty much all the time. I'll say 1 of the best purchases I've made has been satellite for life. It's been nice talking with you puke. Have a good rest of your day and talk soon bud.

BTW, my wreck was from an 88 yo man who ran a stop sign and pulled out across 3 lanes, well at least he never made it to third lane. He tried to file a claim against me. Luckily I had a dashcam held back on my initial to see if he was honest about it. He wasn't. And his insurance company, Pure insurance, is pure full of crap. I hope none of you get in a wreck with an insured from pure. Fixing to take them all the way in small claims. I got $340 for loss of use, but I am trying to get IDV now. Just found out last night that Carfax hadn't reported the second wreck on my vehicle. In essence, I am also fighting for the dealership too. I am quite sure they will be pisssd to find that second accident when it pops up. I am fighting for a settlement but I think this representative thinks I am bluffing. It is going to be easy peazy because I have dash and all documentation including recorded phone calls. Pure insurance isn't gonna know what hit them in small claims if they don't settle proper.

holy madness Puke. You better send me a bottle champagne to join you on the toast to your victory. I wish I could be there and watch the persons stupid look on their face when you use the dash cam playing card. Nothing beats a persons facial reaction when the whole time they think they have you and then hammer drops on their head and they get put in their place instead of them thinking they were good with the lies in getting you. Definitely keep me posted on this Puke. Please make money on him. Make him pay for his lies and wasting your time. How's your day going anyway?

Back