2015 9thCivic Dragon meet

My participation in a spring meet depends on the outcome of my ticket that is pending until Feb.

Insurance has gone from $73/month to $1200-ish. I will be refunded once the ticket is dropped. They are just huge *****.

How fast were you going Mr. Nix?

Last edited:
My participation in a spring meet depends on the outcome of my ticket that is pending until Feb.

Insurance has gone from $73/month to $1200-ish. I will be refunded once the ticket is dropped. They are just huge *****.

Holy crap, you must've broke the sound barrier for that kind of price.
I got out of mine though and i didnt think I would, so good luck.

Also I'm moving to St. Louis in May for 9 months so ill be down for a few weekend runs. Since I'm closer and wont have school, I might even be able to make the big meet this year!!!!

I was doing 15 in a 30. I fully expect it to be completely dismissed. It's just been continued until Feb for the time being.

I've been accused of reckless driving and "street racing." I don't know why it's been reported to insurance since it hasn't been settled yet. Probably just some hillbilly justice system error or their way of reaching out and ruining your day. Eh.

EDIT: I'm definitely IN for a september event. Also, depending on the outcome of my ticket I may or may not help setup a May event as well. Just depends on the car/ins/ticket outcome.

The earlier in May the better. The weekend of the 2nd-3rd is my pick. Weather may still be cool but it will definitely be plenty warm to have fun. Temps always go above forecasted down there it seems.

Reactions: Nix
Big update: Spartan, you may not be super pleased but....

May 15-19th there is a cabin booked already. Not at Fontana and not near the Dragon. There are lots of other roads in the area that have only been minimally explored and are far superior to the dragon in terms of traffic, 55mph speed limits instead of 30, and low police since they are not tourist trap roads. As things get nailed down better Ill post more.

It's probable that driving will commence before then and end after then. I would plan on dates between the 9th and 23rd. I know that's a long stretch but that's what I know so far.......

I'll start planning it in Feb-March. I didn't even know this thread existed.

The RS will be at the spring meet, depending on my job / moving situation, maybe I'll have something else again for the fall. I change cars like underwear and, well, driving an slow 15yr old Subaru is getting tiring.

I'll start planning it in Feb-March. I didn't even know this thread existed.

The RS will be at the spring meet, depending on my job / moving situation, maybe I'll have something else again for the fall. I change cars like underwear and, well, driving an slow 15yr old Subaru is getting tiring.

Just don't be like me and buy newer cars every year. The Fit has crossed over the one year mark so it's fate might be on the chopping block, lol.

Just don't be like me and buy newer cars every year. The Fit has crossed over the one year mark so it's fate might be on the chopping block, lol.

Nah, I have to carefully plan on my next purchase because I want to keep it longer than 2 years, or even longer. I kept my Legacy GT the longest out of any car (almost 4 years) so I'm looking back at what made that car stick for so long.

Fit is no-go
Nah, I have to carefully plan on my next purchase because I want to keep it longer than 2 years, or even longer. I kept my Legacy GT the longest out of any car (almost 4 years) so I'm looking back at what made that car stick for so long.
Because it does everything pretty well, the mark of a GT car

Fit is no-go

Because it does everything pretty well, the mark of a GT car

Keeping the RS another year, I can definitely look for a used G37 sport (cp or sdn), or even an IS-F. I still kinda miss my G35, its oil consumption was the only reason why I sold it.

The new Mustang is also nice, but far too big for me to really enjoy. BRZ, too small and no torque, the RS is quicker until about 70mph.

Back