2015 si sedan

When can you install them? Is winter over in April?
I can install them any time at work. Car has been in my garage for a month now. I'm also planning on weighing these with the tires and with OEM. Supposed to be 18.9lbs without tires.

Thinking of getting a set of muteki sr48 open ended lug nuts. Anyone use these? They are steel instead of aluminum. Should I go for closed ended?
kic_32905l_1.jpeg

Ended up ordering some sr35s in purple instead of the open ended nuts.

Went with purple to match some of the acuity stuff I have. Also trying to prove a point to my son that colours have nothing to do with gender. Im not really into gender neutral stuff but I don't understand why kids associate colour with gender. Will go well with my purple shift knob.
4560548391_353769c03d_o_08e65b98-4462-45f2-8fa8-d4509579a5e0_600x600.jpg

Last edited:
I’m sure either would be good
My fear even though it doesn't see snow or salt that the studs would corrode with the open ended ones. Think it will look a little cleaner with the closed ones.

^ This

I was about to recommend the closed ended ones, I had open ones on my EG a looong time ago and just with rain and humidity, the wheel studs started to rust and hold the lugs on

I'm kind of scared it won't fit though. I got blox open ended nuts when I got my xxrs but the hole was too small to fit them. The holes look much wider on these superspeeds.

Let me know cause I'll need some different lugs when I get my wheels mounted
What rims did you get? It all depends on the size of the hole. Xxrs required the regular tube lugs with the splines. They rusted after a year of only driving in the summer.

I can vouch for the studs getting a bit rusty from rain and not with the open end lugs. I got the Muteki SR48 red open end lugs. I like them, but the paint comes off easily too. Not too, both are good, but closed is definitely better if you see more than rain.

What rims did you get? It all depends on the size of the hole. Xxrs required the regular tube lugs with the splines. They rusted after a year of only driving in the summer.

I got some work meister reps.. MST MT07, they were sold with just a generic lug that looks like the stock lug just open ended

nice! I take it the lugs worked as well :thumb:
Yes. Didn't realize they come with a locking nut which I didn't really want but I like them. Can't wait to see how it looks with tires and on the ground. I'm hoping +40 offset works better than the +35 I had last time.

One tire mounted and balanced. Tire looks much better on a 8.5 inch rim with a little stretch. Always hated the side wall on the stock rims.
20220110_094458.jpg

Back