2015 si sedan

Purchased a hybrid slave and master cylinder. Installed it this evening. Even with small hands it wasn't the most fun in the world.

First impressions, not sure. I can feel vibrations in the clutch pedal now. Assuming that's because of both delay valves are now gone. Did a quick 1-2 shift and chirped the tires more than. Before. Tried a 2-3 where I was getting a grind but rpm wasn't high enough to verify if that is gone.

Taking off in first felt the same to me to be honest. Gonna have to drive it a bit more to see how it all works.
20220604_153435.jpg20220604_155346.jpg20220604_162608.jpg20220604_165948.jpg

Been reading up on the CMC having a gritty feeling. One guy said he ziptied the line in a bunch of placed and it went away. Ima try that.

This makes me nervous hahaha
the vibration or grit feeling in the pedal?
its not that bad. i added one ziptie and it did feel slightly better at lower rpm. still feel a lot at higher. gonna ad some more at some point. did a 2-3 power shift this morning with no grind which makes me happy. i think i;ll get used to the pedal vibration pretty quick like i did with the rear engine mount. so far im liking the upgrade.

one note, removing the old cmc wasnt fun. i ended up unclipping the hard line and bending it a bit to get the cmc closer to be able to disconnect it from the line. not much room under the cowl, but i also have the relocated battery and didnt remove the tray.

Well, if the zip tie mod seems to help, that makes me feel better! I had heard about the vibrations in the pedal, but not the gritty feeling.

I'm really looking forward to this mod though

Well, if the zip tie mod seems to help, that makes me feel better! I had heard about the vibrations in the pedal, but not the gritty feeling.

I'm really looking forward to this mod though
I'm only using the word gritty because I read it in another thread. It's more of a vibration in the pedal.

Did another 2-3 high rpm shift today with no grind. Lots of pedal vibration at high rpm. Stilll have to ziptie more of the line.

Any idea what the zip ties are doing to help with the vibration?
im guessing it allows the vibrations to be absorbed into what ever its ziptied to? im not sure. i havent had time to attempt it yet because im too busy at work. vibrations seem to have got better over time or im getting used to it. still vibrates at high rpm or when i rev match and push in the clutch.

I'm gonna move this to my build thread.

Picked up a password jdm gurney flap. Been wanting one since I got the car but they stopped making them till now. Waited a few weeks for it to be shipped to find out they don't come clear coated. Needless to say I was pretty disappointed. For over $300 CND I'd expect some clear on it. So first thing I did was take it to a body shop.
20220719_121316.jpg

Was not thrilled with the results. It looks fine in the sun but clearly wasn't great. Cost me nothing so wasn't too upset. Looks like a combo of bad prep and not enough resin on the carbon creating pits.

So I began to sand the clear coat as the body shop said they would lay some more clear if I prepped it. As I started I realized scuffing it and putting more clear would not help much so I kept going. I went as far as removing the password jdm plate. Started with 220 and 320 dry to get the clear off then 600 wet to make it smoother. I have epoxy resin on order. My plan is to lay down at least 2 layers of resin to get rid of the pits then either spray paint some clear or bring it back to the body shop.

My plan is to make it as smooth as possible and make it look like it's worth $300. Hopefully I don't **** it up.
20220720_203904.jpg20220720_203933.jpg20220720_112031.jpg

When did you start having issues with the original?
ive always had a 2-3 grind at high rpm since i got the car. i think one day i might swap the stock cmc and leave the slave and see if it still doesnt grind anymore because the vibration in the pedal at high rpm is kind of annoying.

im debating not putting the badges back on, but that would leave two options. plug the holes some how before putting the resin on or rivet blank metal back on. thoughts ? the amount of work to make this nice is making me hate password jdm.

Not off to a great start. I wiped this thing down with wax and grease remover. Still got worse fisheyes than the clear coat had.
20220722_100509.jpg

Back