2015 si sedan

No.
I kept going over it with a brush to get it to go flat while it hardened. It's slightly better but I think I'll be sanding it a lot and doing another coat. I'll probably use a tiny block to sand it flat.

This is a lot of work for a gurney flap... :hiding:
I say this everytime I work on it lol. Im fully aware but at this point I have to make it as perfect as I can. I spent enough on the useless thing.

Sanded it with 120 grit until there were more low spots. Wiped it down twice with wax and grease remover with a tack cloth. Still making fish eye type ****. I'm about the paint it black and clear it.
20220723_192010.jpg20220723_192014.jpg20220723_192719.jpg20220723_192855.jpgfedup-ryanreynolds.gif
20220723_194915.jpg
If I keep wiping it after a few minutes it looks better. Going to have to do that till it gets hard. Also only doing one side at a time this time.

Last edited:
Is that the epoxy resin? Just pour it on there and let it drip off. Once most of it drips off, turn it to where the surface you just covered lays flat.

Is that the epoxy resin? Just pour it on there and let it drip off. Once most of it drips off, turn it to where the surface you just covered lays flat.
I thought of that but I figured this would be less of a mess?? The other side would be hard to do that to because it's a v.

This is how I laid out my parts when I was pouring the resin. I would just take the cup of resin and pour it over the part and barely spread the resin with the foam brush.

D10B5042-E888-4CD3-A175-86B528200529.jpeg

I thought of that but I figured this would be less of a mess?? The other side would be hard to do that to because it's a v.
yeah, it gets messy and you will trim off the drips once they dry. But it gets you a nice full layer.

When you do the over side, in the v shape down but lift up one end higher than the other end so the resin drips off one side. When you do the next layer, lift up the opposite side.

This is how I laid out my parts when I was pouring the resin. I would just take the cup of resin and pour it over the part and barely spread the resin with the foam brush.

View attachment 64988
Yeah. I saw a YouTube video doing that. I'm not sure why I didn't want to try it but part of it is the double sided tape. I didn't want to cover it.

You can see the drips on this part. After trimming with a dremmel tool and hand sanding to create a nice edge.

5EE444F0-AF87-4303-A15A-13C0D315C551.jpeg

Yeah. I saw a YouTube video doing that. I'm not sure why I didn't want to try it but part of it is the double sided tape. I didn't want to cover it.
Yeah, it will be a bit tough. Maybe just remove the double sided tape?

Yeah, it will be a bit tough. Maybe just remove the double sided tape?
I thought about it, didn't want to take it off because its 3m and cut to fit. I feel like I'm doing everything wrong and making a lot more work for myself.

I'm also planning on clear coating this once I get the epoxy flat enough.

Other side going a bit better. Did another coat on the back since it spilled over a bit anyways. I brushed it on again even though I should pour it lol. Think I'll just do a light wet sand and try clearing it in a day or two.
20220724_095602.jpg

I do not. Why would that be better?

I was going to say that it would help get more of the surface sanded and maybe easier to get in the bends of that flap but it looks like you are making some really good progress

of course i decided to try and touch out a spot on it yesterday but it had started to get hard when i did it and i messed up part of it. have to sand it down with 120grit again and start over. i also have been mixing the epoxy by eye and not by weight so the first one was too much hardener and it started to smoke in the container and harden real fast. second time i dont think i put enough in and its not hard in the thicker areas yet. i dont know why i make this harder for myself.

Back