2015 si sedan

THANKS!
decided to sand it with 600 wet and clear it one more time to see if i could get rid of some of the sand scratches. dont have much hope as they're in the epoxy but worth a try, i have lots of clear left. i did about 7 coats last night.20220729_133901.jpg
Second clear coat looks awesome compared to last night. Although I did it too heavy in a few spots and there's some small runs. I might sand it and clear it one more time since the second clear did hide some sanding marks.

Last edited:
I agree! Huge transformation!

We're hiring if you wanna come to Texas :rotfl:

You can wet 1200 or 1500 grit over the runs and hand polish and it'll come out real nice

I agree! Huge transformation!

We're hiring if you wanna come to Texas :rotfl:

You can wet 1200 or 1500 grit over the runs and hand polish and it'll come out real nice
hell no. i messed up so much on this it took 4 times as long as it should. oh and i just dropped the thing while spraying it just now so i have to sand it again.

Def polish is with some compounds. You will be glad you did it. Brings out the gloss and depth.

I bought some cheap 3inch pad set from amazon that attaches to a drill.

Great work BTW.....

Def polish is with some compounds. You will be glad you did it. Brings out the gloss and depth.

I bought some cheap 3inch pad set from amazon that attaches to a drill.

Great work BTW.....
Would using a one step polish with a microfiber be a bad idea?

Also I'm curious as to why the wax and grease remover wouldn't evaporate. It seemed to work well the first couple times. I'm also really curious if that was causing the fish eyes with the epoxy. Brake clean worked well to clean it before clear.

Last edited:
One step polish will def flatten the surface out. You can prob get a great gloss from just that too

Pretty happy with the results so far considering it's a spray can clear. I'll give the polish a try tomorrow. It's gotta have like 20 coats of clear now.
20220729_211156.jpg

Had to edit out the audio and add some cheesy music.

Should I wet sand and polish ? I fear if I wet sand and polish by hand it won't work well without using a pad. I have 1000 and 1500 sand paper. I kind of want to just leave it since I've spend so much time already.

Quality of video sucks for some reason.

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/-JkThGd2OuA?feature=share

Just polish it before you sand. You can always strip away the polish off and sand later.

The sanding just removes the orange peel from painting better than polishing/cutting compounds.

Was pretty hard to install since it was one long piece of double sided tape. It's not on 100% perfect so I might end up removing and getting some new tape to try again. Either way I love it.
20220801_100747.jpg20220801_100758.jpg

Turned out really well!! Glad I'm not the only one with smoked reflectors
China blacked out with LEDs for brake and signal light. Paid $20 ordering then from eBay instead of a north american supplier.

so the left side of the flap is coming off. i knew it wouldnt last long, its a combination of the flap not being straight ( lifts up on that side ) and i dont think i got it in the best spot on the spoiler. ordered some 3m tape, going to apply it so that i can remove some of the backing and position the flap then slowly removing the backing like i should have done.

going to rename this thread how to make your life harder by not doing things right the first time.

Hey look, it's off the car and sanded down again because I used the rubber wheel to remove the double sided tape because it wasn't sticking to the entire spoiler and I went through the clear coat. Lol.

Bought some 1 inch 3m tape. Going to re clear it and try to install it again. There was a good size lip on the bottom from the epoxy and clear anyways. Should have listened to remove the tape in the first place. Fun.
20220806_173627.jpg

Jebus! So much work…..good learning experience, I guess, lol

Back