2015 si sedan

Gurney flap is back on. Never touching it again.

I had ordered some "jdm" headlights about 2 months ago. Was refunded the money because there was no eta. Any suggestions for some headlights? Would prefer projectors. I want those v land style light but fear the LEDs wont last long. Also contemplating getting a q300 exhaust.

gar2.jpg

this was an old version of the mini h1 I tested, and it still performed extremely well compared to some other oem projectors.

if you're willing to retrofit them, I'd say the mini h1's are one of the best bang for the buck projectors with the easiest install

Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/Morimoto-Bi-Xenon-Universal-Projector-PR011/dp/B08BZWG4Q5

I haven't searched yet but can I buy lenses for the headlights? If so I'd probably just retrofit mine and replace the lens at the same time.

The guy that polished my car messed up the top of the lenses. I might look into a good restoration kit and then just do a retrofit.

Last edited:
I haven't searched yet but can I buy lenses for the headlights? If so I'd probably just retrofit mine and replace the lens at the same time.

The guy that polished my car messed up the top of the lenses.
I've never seen them by themselves honestly. If the lenses aren't cracked, they can likely be saved (even by hand). It can be done faster with a buffer, but you can honestly get amazing results by hand. You can use 600 or 800 grit sandpaper if you have some deep scratches. 1000/1500/2000 paper can get you a really smooth finish, and then you can polish them. After polish add a sealant that has UV protectant in it to keep the lights from yellowing. There are some decent UV sealants that can last up to a year without needing another application.

I've never seen them by themselves honestly. If the lenses aren't cracked, they can likely be saved (even by hand). It can be done faster with a buffer, but you can honestly get amazing results by hand. You can use 600 or 800 grit sandpaper if you have some deep scratches. 1000/1500/2000 paper can get you a really smooth finish, and then you can polish them. After polish add a sealant that has UV protectant in it to keep the lights from yellowing. There are some decent UV sealants that can last up to a year without needing another application.
Yeah. I might go that route. I've seen good things from ceracote kit. Get that and a retro fit and I'd probably be in better than buying aftermarket.

You can buy new OEM style headlight for about $150 on eBay.

I’m contemplating doing a retro on the Si since I had them in my old grey Si.
The tops of the headlight are starting to get hazy. Not sure I want to mess with re-finishing them and deal with re-coating with UV protection.

I had the mini H1 kit and it worked nice it and the retrofit was easy to do.

My issue with eBay is most of those headlamps are in the states and costs me more than 150.im looking at $230 plus $30-60 for shipping estimated. I'm also concerned of the quality of the lenses. I don't drive in the winter which should help.
I like these.
Screenshot_20220821-080227_eBay.jpg

Not bad for $50 Cnd off amazon. Flashes amber in the middle when the turn signal is on.

Should I rice this thing out? Wife wants more mods. Thinking of getting one of those universal front lips.
20220821_152549.jpg

Last edited:
just ordered an ultimate racing cat back. glad i emailed them about it before ordering on their site. they give a pretty nice discount to Canadian buyers as they are located in Ontario. same exhaust as SONOFAWOLF or who ever he was.

Sucks with your expta prices in Canadia Land. back to the headlight.....rockauto.com carries the Depo brand one, which are supposedly really good quality. For $200 a side. Bit more expensive and not sure worth it for a retro.

I might try some rendom LED round foglamps I saw on Amazon/ebay for $68, plug and play too. My fogs are yellow and have a burnt spot in the middle of both of them. Def need to be replaced.

Sucks with your expta prices in Canadia Land. back to the headlight.....rockauto.com carries the Depo brand one, which are supposedly really good quality. For $200 a side. Bit more expensive and not sure worth it for a retro.

I might try some rendom LED round foglamps I saw on Amazon/ebay for $68, plug and play too. My fogs are yellow and have a burnt spot in the middle of both of them. Def need to be replaced.
yeah, but i got a discount because im in canada. would have been about $400 more if i ordered off the site, plus they gave me free shipping.
was going to order the last q300 in stock at my usual place but they were going to charge extra for shipping because its over their weight limit which i found odd since i ordered my yonaka exhaust from them no issue.

i think im going to try and restore my lenses and do a retro fit from the retro fit source over the winter. i did find some replacement lenses on ebay for $90 each plus shipping which i dont think is worth it.

Ordered my exhaust over a month ago. Kept sending emails about supply issues and saying it will be shipped very soon. Still hasnt been shipped. Not sure if I should wait or cancel the order. Seems like all exhaust are on Back order and I got ultimate racing specifically for the dual muffler to reduce drone.

I say wait it out... it'll probably be snowing before long for you too

Aren’t you glad you didn’t cancel it now!?! Hopefully it looks good

j'espère que ton nouvel échappement te plaira
arrived yesterday. installed last night. been a while since i had the yonaka but this one seems to be slightly quieter. a lot less drone but still there under load around 3000rpm but nothing while cruising. interested to see if it changes at all as it gets used. one thing to note, the yonaka had a ton of fiberglass come out on the first drive and ended up all over the back of my car, this one had nothing when i get to work.

the "mufflers" are resonators by definition but large. i'll be taking pictures today hopefully as i need to put it on the hoist and align the connections better, was slight leaks at them as well. also try and get a cold start video.

Back