2015 si sedan

thats why i dont like them. have to adjust the spring for height.
Thats the case with all coilovers. Ride height is controlled by the spring. The benefit to an adjustable shock body is to adjust preload and maintain the proper stroke on the damper.

Honestly for the street it's likely unnecessary and 90% of people probably don't even use it properly.

The tein coilovers is a good quality, low cost street coilover. The spring rates and twin tube design are way more comfortable too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thats the case with all coilovers. Ride height is controlled by the spring. The benefit to an adjustable shock body is to adjust preload and maintain the proper stroke on the damper.

Honestly for the street it's likely unnecessary and 90% of people probably don't even use it properly.

The tein coilovers is a good quality, low cost street coilover. The spring rates and twin tube design are way more comfortable too.

Most higher end coil overs have height adjustment with the shock body instead of the spring. Like you said the preload is adjusted with the spring, then height adjusters with the shock body. I understand the rear is different. Unless I'm missing your point.

Most higher end coil overs have height adjustment with the shock body instead of the spring. Like you said the preload is adjusted with the spring, then height adjusters with the shock body. I understand the rear is different. Unless I'm missing your point.
Ahh, no we are on the same page. You are saying you have to loosen the spring perch to lower versus just loosening the lower lock. Fair enough.

Ahh, no we are on the same page. You are saying you have to loosen the spring perch to lower versus just loosening the lower lock. Fair enough.

Yes sir.

Re assembled the calipers. Not very easy to do without touching the paint. It's still very soft. I'm not sure if its supposed to be after 24 hours of curing. I'm hoping after a drive to heat them up they will get harder. Ended up hitting the paint on one rear.
20200423-184210.jpg

20200423-185237.jpg

20200423-181336.jpg

20200423-182926.jpg

might be better than what you have? I seen a lot of real hacksaw jobs on coil spring.:eyebrows: Oh coil overs, real tiny springs, give a jawing ride. I have seen coil over snap in half, but not reg spring.

might be better than what you have? I seen a lot of real hacksaw jobs on coil spring.:eyebrows: Oh coil overs, real tiny springs, give a jawing ride. I have seen coil over snap in half, but not reg spring.
These ride slightly stiffer than stock. Tein is pretty good quality. eBay coils might snap over time.

are the red H emblem on the steering wheel easy to install? How did you get the OEM emblem off? I’m afraid of leaving notable cut around emblem area on the steering wheel.
You stick it over your current emblem. It sticks on with like a 3m sticky tape.

edit my bad. ^ beat me to it

You stick it over your current emblem. It sticks on with like a 3m sticky tape.

edit my bad. ^ beat me to it

So practically lay it over the OEM emblem?? Wow, I saw a video of a guy ripping it out of the steering wheel and I cringed when I saw some of the slashes and notable damages he left on the steering wheel.

Back