2015 si sedan

Only the head??! :eek:
yeah, loves heads, mice, rabbit, birds. rabbits are loud when he gets them. one night the family was in the hot tub while he was killing one, we thought it was a kid screaming in the distance until we realized he had a rabbit for the past 2 minutes.

thats nice of it. our just leaves the bodies on our lawn. he only eats the heads.
I should say it leaves little leftover pieces of bones or fur of the animals it didn’t eat.

Why is it that beaters are so revered, so loved, despite being pieces of crap? One of the world's great mysteries.

Started installing my used amp and subwoofer today. Quick hookup to see if it worked. Ended up having some terminals that fit into the stock subwoofer connectors so used those with the line out converter. Quickly put it in the trunk for today until I tidy up the wiring. Gotta play with all the amp settings later on.

Ended up killing my battery in the process but was able to get it started after a few minutes on the trickle charger. I swear there's a charging or batter issue with my car because if I'm idling the batter voltage switches between 12 and 14 volts and all my lights dim.
20211009_104214.jpg

Reactions: Dad
My objective with my car for any mods is to be able to return it to stock without repairing or replacing anything which is why the amp is attached to the box and the line out converter plugs into the existing subwoofer connector. Secured the box using existing bolts behind it with metal straps. Not pretty but nothing was modified to install anything.

Ran the power wire through the drivers fender through the rubber plug under the dash. Pretty neat that the positive terminal cover on the batter has a provision for the power wire. Amp needs to be tuned but sounds much better than the stock sub.
Total cost was $240.
20211011_175041.jpg

I'm idling the batter voltage switches between 12 and 14 volts and all my lights dim.
Do you happen to have flashpro? There is a way to disable the charging fluctuations Honda put in the system with hondata. Info in the thread here

https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/honda’s-dual-mode-charging-system.15882/

Do you happen to have flashpro? There is a way to disable the charging fluctuations Honda put in the system with hondata. Info in the thread here

https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/honda’s-dual-mode-charging-system.15882/
I do,and it's been turned off for a long time but hasn't ever worked for some reason. It will still charge at 12 volts sometimes while cruising too. I installed led headlight bulbs for this reason but ditched them this year because the light output was way too dangerous.

I'm not sure if replacing the alternator with an aftermarket is the reason why the setting in flashpro doesn't do anything.

That seems weird, as it shouldn’t be a factor of the aftermarket alternator. It should be getting commands from the ecu, and flashpro to determine charging. For testing it would be interesting to flash it back to stock, and then immediately flash the tune back on, and turn that setting off mentioned on the thread and see if it still fluctuates voltage?

That seems weird, as it shouldn’t be a factor of the aftermarket alternator. It should be getting commands from the ecu, and flashpro to determine charging. For testing it would be interesting to flash it back to stock, and then immediately flash the tune back on, and turn that setting off mentioned on the thread and see if it still fluctuates voltage?
Decided to email hondata. They asked for a calibration and datalog for before and after the alternator setting is off.

Gotta do some digging to find one beforeand send them.

These are from the same manufacturer I was looking at for another set of rims. Designed and made in Canada. I know they're kind of knock offs of te37 wheels but come in a more reasonably offset of +40, thinking Id probably be ok running these without rolling rear fenders They'e also $300 more and in the range of a set of Konig rims now. Screenshot_20211012-194837_Chrome.jpg

These were my first choice. But they're +35 and I'd have to roll my fenders.
d87593_108776418f3e45479697e08137c76347_mv2.jpg

looked at my flashpro calibration and it looks like my current one has the alternator economy mode checked off, not sure when that happened, i'll have to check all of them to see when that switched. makes sense, looked at an old data log from last year and voltage didnt drop.

Build update. Replace the wiper blades. Lol. Went with the smaller sizes of 26 and 22. Didn't measure the old 22 but it's smaller than the new 22. With a pending cross country move possible I'm probably not buying anything for this this year. Not sure if I'm shipping it with me or selling it.
20211114_142745.jpg

Back