2016 Tail Of The Dragon Meet V September 22nd-25th: Chat Thread

How long does it take to drive there from San Diego? Lol. That's the week of my bday was thinking about driving somewhere far.

if @Bruce Bartlow is going, he may be around your area if he takes the southern route to the dragon? You guys could even potentially meet around flagstaff arizona. It looks like it's only about an hour difference to go the northern versus southern route across the US.

Look me up and send a pm in advance.

Hmm. All my eg buddy's are getting out the Honda game. All my hatchy is good for is breakin subies and motor mounts these days. Miss chasing other Hondas. Damn kids and wife's. Lol.

**** man. Anyone else from the Cali area making this journey?

Hmm. All my eg buddy's are getting out the Honda game. All my hatchy is good for is breakin subies and motor mounts these days. Miss chasing other Hondas. Damn kids and wife's. Lol.

I wish. Must have something to do with 4-days of driving (oh, each way) not to mention the gas and hotel bills. Despite all that, I've been out 4 times in the last 3 years. That's how good it is....although admittedly I may take this year off. At the same time, having a partner could be a deciding factor... so let's kick it around next month when i'm down there.

It's impossible to overstate what you'll hear from everybody else -- the Dragon is awesome, incredible, simply a life changing experience. That's why we keep going back. And yet, as good as the Dragon is (and thousands of surrounding miles ) it's really the "chasing other Hondas" you spoke of that makes it all worthwhile. Oh, and the Happy Hours.

If your wife and kids want to do something really nice for daddy, this is it.

Reactions: Nix

Breakin Subies?

I don't hate on any car. I love all cars. But for some reason in my city they're like bloods and crips. Sorry if I offended anyone. :brock:

Well maybe except lancers. :bananapoke: No room in that engine bay. Lol.

Na. A good drive is a good drive. Doesn't matter who it's with.

Breakin Subies?

My buddy has an sti up in the Sierra Nevadas. He always lets me drive it when we go up there (To my knowledge I'm the only one ) and I must admit. Awd in snow with a beast engine is a blast. No hate what so ever man.

My buddy has an sti up in the Sierra Nevadas. He always lets me drive it when we go up there (To my knowledge I'm the only one ) and I must admit. Awd in snow with a beast engine is a blast. No hate what so ever man.

So what's there to think about.... Isn't the Dragon far enough?
Pic of my new toy for this year. Star specs and some suspension freshening is happening this week. Then probably making an exhaust for it for weight savings.

I'm out.

Sorry guys, can't make it this year:

1) Ron V is a subie-hater and you know what happened to the last subie-hater. Made the KKK look good.
2.) Nix is out... so who will buy me drinks?
3.) @death_roll, who can already drive an outboard motorboat at Warp Speed, just purchased a smaller version of the Starship Enterprise.

Last edited:
I don't hate on any car. I love all cars. But for some reason in my city they're like bloods and crips. Sorry if I offended anyone. :brock:

Well maybe except lancers. :bananapoke: No room in that engine bay. Lol.

Na. A good drive is a good drive. Doesn't matter who it's with.
______
Ya see... mr newbie against the subies -- this is what you're dealing with. One minute they're all laughin', the next minute a knife is against your throat.

Back