2017 Tail of the Dragon VI: September 28th - October 1st

don't forget @BruceBartlow..... just needs shotgun/partner for new Cannonball record.

I am planning to go too, I am hoping to take a week off from work. how much is the average price per night to stay now days?

$80 to $100 or so.....depends where you stay.

Prob will do microtel again this year....$80 ish a night.

I was just looking at that one they do a military discount for 69.99 a night :cucumber: so I might stay at that one. but my wife would like a cabin but some of them range from around 125-160 a night :spazface:.

I was just looking at that one they do a military discount for 69.99 a night :cucumber: so I might stay at that one. but my wife would like a cabin but some of them range from around 125-160 a night :spazface:.

Cabin is nice since it's closer to the Dragon but I like the microtel hotel in town

I'm not going this year tho

I still havent made arrangements not 100% sure if i can make it or not

How come you're going so early?
because I'm tired of the typical BS traffic Fri/Sat.
I'll (hopefully) enjoy open roads. I traditionally hit up all of these: Mt Mitchell, BRP, Fontana Dam, stop for photos along Moonshiner east of fontana, cherohala skyway on a clear night

I liked the drive you led saturday to clingmans dome, and we need to explore that road that kept going past it with less traffic

Cabin is nice since it's closer to the Dragon but I like the microtel hotel in town

I'm not going this year tho
I really want to go this year now that I am back in NC and not on a deployment or some field exercise.
My wife really wants to stay in a cabin if we go since it has been a really long time since our last vacation. but it seems like a lot of them have been taken already. and if work does not hold me back we will probably stay at the microtel. at least we could be around the same area everyone else is.

Back