2017 Tail of the Dragon VI: September 28th - October 1st

I really want to go this year now that I am back in NC and not on a deployment or some field exercise.
My wife really wants to stay in a cabin if we go since it has been a really long time since our last vacation. but it seems like a lot of them have been taken already. and if work does not hold me back we will probably stay at the microtel. at least we could be around the same area everyone else is.
you may be able to find something on vrbo.com.

I was just looking at that one they do a military discount for 69.99 a night :cucumber: so I might stay at that one. but my wife would like a cabin but some of them range from around 125-160 a night :spazface:.

Bottom Line: With a serious commitment of maybe 12 - 15 dedicated DragonSlayers (the kind that would put up refundable cash until 30 days prior) it would "a piece of cake" to work up a sweet deal for EVERYbody. So easy. Forget "$125 - $160"/nt.. let's talk $100/nt.couples and $50/nt. singles. Max.

P.S. Remember that perfectly nice cabin we had this last May/June? That was like $230/nt, all in. Which means $40/nt/pp for our small group of 6, or about $80/couple. And much better than a Microtel hotel room, don't you think? (Austin and I were there longer than any of you... so the cost/per day may not make sense)

If the esteemed DragonSlayers have any interest -- and any ideas about how to get the old man out there :ohnoes: -- i am definitely all ears.

Doing the Dragon with you guys --- twice in one year no less -- has always been on my bucket list. (Yes, that's the bucket with all the holes in it)

does anyone have feedback on wanting shirts this year?

I liked the drive you led saturday to clingmans dome, and we need to explore that road that kept going past it with less traffic
Yea, I may make that a priority this year. Go up 441 from 19 (from Cherokee)

Bottom Line: With a serious commitment of maybe 12 - 15 dedicated DragonSlayers (the kind that would put up refundable cash until 30 days prior) it would "a piece of cake" to work up a sweet deal for EVERYbody. So easy. Forget "$125 - $160"/nt.. let's talk $100/nt.couples and $50/nt. singles. Max.

P.S. Remember that perfectly nice cabin we had this last May/June? That was like $230/nt, all in. Which means $40/nt/pp for our small group of 6, or about $80/couple. And much better than a Microtel hotel room, don't you think? (Austin and I were there longer than any of you... so the cost/per day may not make sense)

If the esteemed DragonSlayers have any interest -- and any ideas about how to get the old man out there :ohnoes: -- i am definitely all ears.

Doing the Dragon with you guys --- twice in one year no less -- has always been on my bucket list. (Yes, that's the bucket with all the holes in it)
I am down to go in with some peps, I would have to run it by my wife first but the only down fall is I do have a 4 year old that is highly allergic to peanuts that might come with us if the grandparents can't watch him. other than that I am down.

Dang Santi... i was in New Mexico by the time i thought about bringing those headlight parts. Sorry about that... won't happen again!

Not 100% sure if I'm in or not, if I come, it will be leaning towards either weekend and only for 2 days or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not going to the Dragon but if enough interest I'd throw in $$ towards one.

If not enough interest then that's fine.

Not going? You didn't buy a Prius did ya...

That's correct I'm not going. I said it last year that I wasn't attending this (2017) year.

No I didn't buy a Prius. I won't ever buy one of those. I have been checking out other vehicles on the possibility of trading the WRX in on.

Dang Santi... i was in New Mexico by the time i thought about bringing those headlight parts. Sorry about that... won't happen again!

No worries.....don't need them anymore.

I will prob start looking for an option to get an Airbnb place or a rental house if some people are interested....let me know if you are....

I will prob start looking for an option to get an Airbnb place or a rental house if some people are interested....let me know if you are....

Let me know if you are interested in sharing a cabin for the Dragon trip. Budget would be $200 or less for Thursday-Sunday. You would have a bed but might share a room(2 twin beds in one room situation). Looking for 2-3 people.

Back