2022 Subaru WRX

I guess this is a Crosstrek. Everybody here in Seattle has one in orange. You can’t throw a stone without seeing one. 4748325D-191B-4877-AE36-0D481551D974.jpeg

Each new car generation seems to be uglier than the last, especially in the last few years…

That's all cars these days. All look fugly.

You were looking forward to it? I knew it was going to be a disappointment.

Also I like how they are trying to get people (reviewers) to NOT call the transmission a CVT :rotfl:

Subaru now calls the CVT the “Subaru Performance Transmission (SPT)” and has given the transmission some notable upgrades. Upshifts are 30% faster and downshifts are 50% faster, and the WRX will now blip the engine to perform rev-matching downshifts under braking. The fixed gear ratios have also been lowered to improve responsiveness and address one of the biggest CVT complaints. There is also a new transmission cooler for the CVT that is standard on all but the base WRX, and it makes the car more suitable for track duty with the automatic.

• Haha
Reactions: Dad
…and to think I was looking forward to this car…

20% bump in engine size with 3 HP extra (should’ve learned from K20 to K24 on Si). That was 4 hp…

Each new car generation seems to be uglier than the last, especially in the last few years…

The special color is borrowed from a lower model elsewhere in the manufacturer’s repertoire (see newer TRD Pro trucks borrowing milky green from RAV4)…
havent seen a comparison before but i bet the power increased throughout the power band on the k24. more torque as well.

"Rumor has it the head of WRX design is a huge Aztek fan.."

2001-Pontiac-Aztek.jpg

It’s very popular again. Lots of ugly plastic bits.

Wow that does not look good. Who came up with that design? :confused:

I just dont get why they simulate gears with cvts? just keep the rpms in the power band and you'll have constant hp pull, back in '08 my LGT automatic peak hp was at 4.5k and dropped at higher revs. Upgraded to 20g turbo and full boost at 6k with no taper and thought man if this was a cvt it would stay at 6k or so all the time and thought that would be cool. Best part of the car was rev match down shifts but now I have a real manual and can do that myself, just missing the turbo lol.

Saw some photoshopped pics on Instagram of the black stuff gone. Looks great. Also saw some that just had it lowered with rims and kept the black stuff. I can dig it.

Back