hi there
my original setup
205 55 16
civic 2014
which is the best?
17 inchers look better
but 16 i wont change the rims
i need more stability and acceleration

215/45-17 is the correct size tire to keep your speedometer in check. 225/45-17 will also work if you want a wider tire. They're both within like 1% or less of your factory speedometer settings so it will show your proper speed etc. Either will definitely help your handling with the shorter sidewall over your stock 16's.

Also, if you do decide to go 17's, make sure you look at the weight of the wheel. You said you want more acceleration. You can get additional acceleration by choosing a lightweight wheel. Look into wheels that are like 14-18lbs or so a piece. The lighter you go, the better performance you'll have by reducing unsprung weight on the front wheels.

There is a conversation about various light wheels here -
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/17-light-weight-wheels.7912/

what do you mean you want more stability?
just by going with a better compound tire, like summer tires, will improve traction.
if you want better acceleration stick with the 205/55/16 and run max performance summer tires for the grip and these are going to have a lot less rotating mass like webby said.
just because you go with a wider tire does not mean you are going to get better traction. the compound makes the biggest difference and wider tires also have more sidewall flex.

Reactions: Nix
The car will feel much more stable with a rear swaybar upgrade over new tires. It really settles the car down a lot. Especially noticeable on the highway.

thanks guys
the problem is , here in egypt we have about 30 % of the roads are poorly paved ( rocks sand gravel and many bumps, pot holes) so i was told a side wall less than 100 mm or a profile less than 55 would give me serious problems and give me bubbles in the side wall
thats why i prefered to ask about the 17 50
also the 225 50 gives a good side wall

regarding acceleration would a 17 '' lightweight forged wheel be better or a 15 '' steelie ? ( weight against rotating mass )

about summer tyres , our temp today is 105 F in the shadow , so i think all are summer tyres sold in the market but how to know them and what are composite tyres ?

205/50-17 will work if you really want a 50 series sidewall.

regarding acceleration would a 17 '' lightweight forged wheel be better or a 15 '' steelie ? ( weight against rotating mass )
whatever weighs less is better.

Are there sites online you can buy tires in Egypt? Every tire brand should list the category of tire. There are numerous levels of dedicated summer tires.

in 205/50-17, these are the tires available in the US
  • Extreme Performance Summer (2)
  • Max Performance Summer (14)
  • Ultra High Performance Summer (12)
  • High Performance Summer (1)
  • Grand Touring Summer (2)
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...h=255/&rearRatio=40&rearDiameter=17&zip-code=

Back