323's Build

So scary the first time I felt those vibrations. I thought my front tires were coming off the vibrations were so strong. I was thinking, aw fruit cakes ! How much is this going to cost me?! Turns out the snow completely rebalances the wheel and voila.

Agreed. I had the same experience.:bricks:

I'm so close to hitting the purchase button on those wheels with some Pilot SS

I am picking up some PSSs this weekend. 245/40/17s are on sale at Tire Rack. I am waiting on the wheels until they either go on sale or it is time to switch out from the winter setup.

I am picking up some PSSs this weekend. 245/40/17s are on sale at Tire Rack. I am waiting on the wheels until they either go on sale or it is time to switch out from the winter setup.
Even with being on sale at tire rack, they're still a few bucks cheaper at Costco.
The only thing holding me back is trying to decide whether I should install the aftercooler first, and then tires, or the other way around.
My reasoning is there's no use getting even more power without the tires to use it.

Even with being on sale at tire rack, they're still a few bucks cheaper at Costco.
The only thing holding me back is trying to decide whether I should install the aftercooler first, and then tires, or the other way around.
My reasoning is there's no use getting even more power without the tires to use it.

Tires first!

I may have to look into Costco. I don't have a membership, but buying the tires and membership would be the same as buying them from Tire Rack.

Tires first!

I may have to look into Costco. I don't have a membership, but buying the tires and membership would be the same as buying them from Tire Rack.
Plus the gas there is super cheap. I save $5-$10 a tank filling up there

Damn. I didn't realize they were top tier gas.
I heard they get their gas from BP, but either way, it's good.
Gas alone pays for the membership, and if you buy your tires from them, you get:
15280f41f17585d049b86df9cbd3f94a.jpg

Plus the gas there is super cheap. I save $5-$10 a tank filling up there
$7.50 savings. How is that possible?
Gas is a couple cents cheaper/litre at Costco.
Civics have approx. 40 L gas tank. 40 L x .02 cents = .80 cents savings
I never understood why anyone would line up for gas when the max you can save is about $2 bucks. Hardly worth it IMO.

$7.50 savings. How is that possible?
Gas is a couple cents cheaper/litre at Costco.
Civics have approx. 40 L gas tank. 40 L x .02 cents = .80 cents savings
I never understood why anyone would line up for gas when the max you can save is about $2 bucks. Hardly worth it IMO.
Maybe with regular there is less of a difference but with premium it's an average of 40-50 cents cheaper per gallon

Tires first!

Price difference, Costco vs tirerack.
Tirerack is on top and notice the price doesn't include $15 shipping per tire
f0f90e6db623db9ec98ca8216436b141.jpg

b2118d149b9d475b38e480d36d37033c.jpg

Shipping isn't an issue when I can drive across town and pick them up. :tongue:

Looks like that is a total Costco deal, and not a Michelin deal/rebate/promo. I don't know if others would price match that or not. Might be worth asking.

I caught the Discount Tire $100 rebate sale. Had Discount Tire beat the Costco price (with coupon - dropped it to $160/tire) and then got the $100 rebate to knock it down to $135. Unfortunately, that Discount Tire rebate deal was for 2/13-2/14 only.

That was for a set of 225/40-18 super sports. But the starting price and Costco discounted prices weren't much different ($5 cheaper/tire). I was working from $179.99 Costco price with $70 coupon ($162.49/tire). Discount did $160/tire to beat the Costco deal.

I think I'm going with Costco for the fact that they will mount and balance and insure the tires for very cheap

Back