8th Generation Civic General Chat

If I didn't have $50 left on a amazon card if order my progress rsb from them dar nice find, but it'll be 150 shipped on amazon for me

I love the snow tires on my car, the rental truck is not too bad, 4wd drifts are fun thou
My mom's C300 4matic is okay on the snow. It definitely would be better with snow tires.
If I didn't have $50 left on a amazon card if order my progress rsb from them dar nice find, but it'll be 150 shipped on amazon for me
$150 shipped is a great price. Why don't you get it already? Lol.

I've been eyeing a 2011 Si that's for sale locally... they want 18,500 for it. It's been sitting since October. I've been saving the ads that have a picture lately since they have one with snow on it.... thinking about going in there in the spring if it's still sitting and trying to get a much lower price. Use the pic as proof of how long its been rotting.

Wish I had a 2011 :sadbanana:

:think:
View attachment 32412
And shipping at Redshift is only $6 for any orders. :omg:

Then get Nitto Neogens for my stock wheels. My all-seasons are almost done.

For the summer/auto-x, I'll get Rear Koni Yellows and get a new set of summer tires/wheels.

Can't beat redshift. I'll finally be getting to my suspension this summer I believe. Prob gonna order yellow rears from Redshift and either buy Lou's used front oranges or just get new ones. I'm not buying till the Koni spring sale starts though.

I actually just finished up my Nitto Neogens... Which means I'm gonna have to get new tires as well here once the winters come off. I'm not sure what I'm gonna go with just yet. Or even what size :giggle: I'm gonna go with a true summer tire though.

I had nitto neo gens on my fg2 and was pretty impressed with them, I'd buy them again.

:word: They're definitely solid. I didn't have them on my car when they were brand new but from my experiences with them I was quite pleased.

I have not ordered the suspension parts. I'll buy them on Feb. I'll also buy the Neogens when I get my tax refund. The all-season Kumhos on my car only have about 25k miles and they are almost toast. I want to get a non-Korean brand set of tires as my next all-season purchase. I did hear that the Neogens are great all-season tires.

I'd recommend holding off on ordering the suspension until the spring if you can. Koni always has a sale (the past couple years they have at least, and I'd expect them to again)

I'll be getting the yellows during the sale. And just get the orange rears and progress for now since the oranges are only $66 each.

Nice plans Dar. It's about time! Hahah finally got a job with a "real" paycheck and it makes all the difference doesn't it? Also, stop with the all seasons! You have snow tires. Now get summer tires. Seriously. I lived much farther north than you and had no issues. Even my crappy DZ101s did fine in the rain until they got very very worn. In fact I've been so lazy that I am still running them in the snow and cold here in KY. You know how to drive so you'll be fine with a good performance tire. Just change to the snows by Nov 1st and you should be fine. That was my usual rule. Either first snow, if it came early, or Nov1.

If I must I will go outside and take a pic of my car sitting in snow with worn *** summer tires.

Conti DW's what I run and even worn out they are great.

Bridgestone RE11 on a Corvette and it is a beast, I can only imagine what the new RE11a's

Nice plans Dar. It's about time! Hahah finally got a job with a "real" paycheck and it makes all the difference doesn't it? Also, stop with the all seasons! You have snow tires. Now get summer tires. Seriously. I lived much farther north than you and had no issues. Even my crappy DZ101s did fine in the rain until they got very very worn. In fact I've been so lazy that I am still running them in the snow and cold here in KY. You know how to drive so you'll be fine with a good performance tire. Just change to the snows by Nov 1st and you should be fine. That was my usual rule. Either first snow, if it came early, or Nov1.

If I must I will go outside and take a pic of my car sitting in snow with worn *** summer tires.
I want to use the all-seasons when some 40F-50F nonsense weather come up during the winter so that the winter tires don't get worn out too fast. That's what I'm currently doing now. Lol.

And I want my summer tires to be usable for autox use.

Yeah. Lol. Stock wheels with all-seasons. Blue TSX wheels with winters. And a set of aftermarket wheels with 235s for summer.

My parents will be mad til I move out since there will be 8 wheels/tires constantly sitting in the garage. :giggle:

That's like my parents garage. My dad has snow tires for his 3 vehicles and the snow tires from my car sit there also... so there are always 4 sets of tires in the garage. I think I'm gonna be buying a set of evo 8s this summrer... so that will be another pair :giggle:

I just ordered the Koni Rear Struts and 22mm Progress RSB for $272 shipped. Redshift has an online deal with Koni parts right now. It's not the 20% off yet, but it's good. I'll wait til the 20% deal so I can order the remaining Koni Parts.

Back