9thcivic.com Dragon Meet: Official Registration Thread

I'd like to throw something in here for customade93

You being new(maybe this would be good for your Mom to read as well) at driving/lics'/etc. Going to an event like this one is as good as taking a class on advanced driving, and I'm not only talking about mech/car or driver, but things like how far to look though a turn(following the pavement visually at the point where it 1st comes into sight and stay focused on the beginning, even if you can see it though the trees,etc.) That's just one thing. There's always ppl that know a little more than we do and I'll take that time to listen, and groups like this are the best way most ppl well ever get a shot at learning from others experiences. Every auto/MC group gathering I've been to has been a positive learning experience. It's not about driving fast it's about driving better(which will help when driving faster).
Find someone there that you'd like toride with are if they would ride while you drive, or have them follow you in there car, and they can point out things to work on. Anyway, it will be fun.

Yup what he said ^^^^

Don't feel embarrassed if you are slower than some people than go way out of your ability range and wreck...or worse.

if you think it's embarrassing being slow....it's a lot worse if you crash and it is definitely not worth it.

Yeah, you'll be riding in the back of the pack to give him company.

The only difference is that at the end of the week he'll be outrunning you lol :bananasplit:

I enjoy my 13 hr drive as its a time to reflect on life and enjoy the trip

-Keith
'11 WRX (31k mi) & '99 2.3CL (41k mi)

Not looking forward to the 11+ hours of driving (each way). :bleh:

Got'a turn that frown up side down, Get some good music... Some of the best time driving was doing coast/coast in the semi....... It's not the destination, it's the journey..... You riding solo?

is it too late to register? haha. i'm not sure how long i'll be able to stay. is it worth it to drive down early one day and drive back the next?

is it too late to register? haha. i'm not sure how long i'll be able to stay. is it worth it to drive down early one day and drive back the next?
Driving up early friday and leaving late late saturday.. done that the last three times i've been.

Never ever. Her idea of a vacation is non-stop shopping followed up by more shopping.

Marla would never survive all of the driving. If I remember correctly, I added nearly 1800 miles onto my odometer the last time.

If I remember correctly, I added nearly 1800 miles onto my odometer the last time.
I am at 1700 mi just there and back. I want to say I ended between 2500-3000 mi

-Keith
'11 WRX (31k mi) & '99 2.3CL (41k mi)

it's not too late.. and it's all a matter of how far you're comfortable driving. There are others who come out for a day and have to leave.

Never ever. Her idea of a vacation is non-stop shopping followed up by more shopping.

Marla would never survive all of the driving. If I remember correctly, I added nearly 1800 miles onto my odometer the last time.

Marla would prob be like my gf first time I went down... She stayed in the room all day watching TV and asking me 100 times on the walkie talkie when I was coming back to the room....

Ken, JasonPA wanna caravan down....

Marla would prob be like my gf first time I went down... She stayed in the room all day watching TV and asking me 100 times on the walkie talkie when I was coming back to the room....

Marla knows better than to consider joining me for this, just like I would rather drill a hole through my foot than join her on a trip to the Longaberger basket facility in Dresden, OH.

Ken, JasonPA wanna caravan down....

Yeah, when, where do you want to meet?

Back