9thcivic.com Dragon Meet: Official Registration Thread

I've been eyeballing these on the Tirerack. Not a bad price for a set of them. I'm just not convinced they're going to be better than the Nitto Invo.

They will be better. I will be putting them on my E92 when I am ready for tires. I have star specs on my S2k CR, but it is for track use, they are a bit on the loud side when driving on the highway. The Pilot super sports are really quiet and grip great in dry and wet.

They will be better. I will be putting them on my E92 when I am ready for tires. I have star specs on my S2k CR, but it is for track use, they are a bit on the loud side when driving on the highway. The Pilot super sports are really quiet and grip great in dry and wet.

Oh, you've used Nitto Invo? I'm a bit suspicious based on the comparative utqg ratings. The pilots are 300, and the invos are 220. Usually the lower the rating, the more grippy they are.

You only get 9k miles out of them?

I got 11K on my M3.. and I know it was used harder. 3000 of them were on a track..

A couple of members on here (biohazard, 02civicsi (SC'd)) got 25000+ out of a set of starspecs.. I think Biohazard was up to 30,000 if Im not mistaken.

:confuzzled: I don't get why my tires look like they're on their way out at 9k then....my alignment isn't crazy and obviously I didn't use them as hard as you Robert

Oh, you've used Nitto Invo? I'm a bit suspicious based on the comparative utqg ratings. The pilots are 300, and the invos are 220. Usually the lower the rating, the more grippy they are.
I thought the same thing in regards to being sticky, but it has to do with the new compounds they are using. Feels just as sticky as my star specs or the RS3's.

:confuzzled: I don't get why my tires look like they're on their way out at 9k then....my alignment isn't crazy and obviously I didn't use them as hard as you Robert
My actual tread was good, but the -3.5 with toe out up front leaves the insides shot before the tread is done on the rest. What pressures are you running in them?

I just walked in to the Fontana Village Resort and reserved my room!
Arriving Thur (09/13/12) late night n leaving Sun (09/16/12) morning!
Im gonna stick around here with Killboy till late night today
Cuz there will be a party, celebration, fiddy racing down at the Deals Gap resort tonight with reportedly some VIP visitors on-hand + fireworks! :woot:

P.S. Jason plz pm me ur addy so I can send u a check for me n my buddy!
Thanks! ;)

Room is booked and $$$$$$ sent to death_roll please add me to the list. Getting there late tues 9-11 and leaving very early sunday morning
nice to see that you made the transition from the old site :)

-Keith
'11 WRX (30k mi) & '99 2.3CL (40k mi)

ETF & Jill are officially paid, :woot:

Just want to remind everyone that there are still a few lodge rooms available until July 26th, so hurry up & get your vacations situated.

Back