9thcivic.com Dragon Meet: Official Registration Thread

About 700. But I'm probably going to step down to something a little less aggressive honestly. I can't afford to DD a tire I need to replace after 9k miles even if I do use their grip. The BF Goodrich g-force comp 2's look promising.......

About 700. But I'm probably going to step down to something a little less aggressive honestly. I can't afford to DD a tire I need to replace after 9k miles even if I do use their grip. The BF Goodrich g-force comp 2's look promising.......

I ran the Star specs and KDW2's on my '07 Si on two separate occasions at the Dragon. Obviously the specs were way stickier, and hardly made a sound. The KDW's were fine, but howled and screetched on every curve. The specs were way better on wet roads than the BFG's.

Star specs seem to be the tire of choice for auto-x as well (minus r-comps)

-Keith
'11 WRX (30k mi) & '99 2.3CL (40k mi)

I ran the Star specs and KDW2's on my '07 Si on two separate occasions at the Dragon. Obviously the specs were way stickier, and hardly made a sound. The KDW's were fine, but howled and screetched on every curve. The specs were way better on wet roads than the BFG's.

Hmmmm....I wonder how the new g-force's will compare to the KDW2's......by eye the tread pattern looks less aggressive. I love the Dunlops to death but man they don't last at all

Continental extremecontact DW.... Have them and love them

Now 3.... Lol

I have not been able to find the limit of them yet and I have tried really hard too

I'm tempted to buy some pilot super sports before the dragon, but I gotta see if this possible job comes true.

Once I get my muffler deletes I'm pretty much done on mods for a while (maybe I'll get tires lol), I already have brake fluid and my old stoptech pads that I plan on using for the dragon. My 2012 WRX does feel much quicker than my 2011 hatch for some reason, even at stage 1, they say the sedan mufflers are very restrictive and doing a muffler delete frees up ~10whp or so.

Pilot super sports are the dogs bollocks. I don't personally have them on my car but I would if I could. I went back to Michelin PS2's.

I recommended them to a couple of friends. Biohazard's father put them on his e92 M3, and loves them. Airportguy770 put them on the Shelby GT500 and also has nothing but positive things to say about them. Worth the price, with the premium.. especially with the warranty on them.

You only get 9k miles out of them?

I got 11K on my M3.. and I know it was used harder. 3000 of them were on a track..

A couple of members on here (biohazard, 02civicsi (SC'd)) got 25000+ out of a set of starspecs.. I think Biohazard was up to 30,000 if Im not mistaken.

Pilot super sports are the dogs bollocks. I don't personally have them on my car but I would if I could. I went back to Michelin PS2's.

I recommended them to a couple of friends. Biohazard's father put them on his e92 M3, and loves them. Airportguy770 put them on the Shelby GT500 and also has nothing but positive things to say about them. Worth the price, with the premium.. especially with the warranty on them.

I've been eyeballing these on the Tirerack. Not a bad price for a set of them. I'm just not convinced they're going to be better than the Nitto Invo.

I recommend the Continental Extreme DW, as well. I have 20,000 miles on mine (about 15% left) and they have been GREAT tires. Affordable price, commendable grip levels both wet and dry and they're quiet. I'll be buying another set!

You only get 9k miles out of them?

I got 11K on my M3.. and I know it was used harder. 3000 of them were on a track..

A couple of members on here (biohazard, 02civicsi (SC'd)) got 25000+ out of a set of starspecs.. I think Biohazard was up to 30,000 if Im not mistaken.

nope you are mistaken, I made it to 25,000 miles and that was with 2 events on them. I agree should not be going out at 9k

Back