9thCivic Dragon IV Official Registration Thread

I demand more info about this place.
paddle.gif
:wink1:
Hawks Nest in NY

Great. More tourists to the Dragon!

"Hey everyone I just saw an article in R&T that says families should load up their minivans and head to Trail of the Dragoons and sightsee! Its right outside Gatlinburg. They should hold a family reunion there and have everyone caravan over the Dragon and clog it up!"

My emotions to each statement as represented by a banana:
Ordered my tires :brock:
Not super sticky tires like always:sadbanana:
But better than the worn out rubber I have on there now. DWS 06 to be specific:party:

BMW prob wont make the trip this year, so I found one other wheel. To make two spares for the civic and will be putting fk453s on the front. BMW has many enhancements to undergo. Welding in some subframe braces, rebuilding the lsd, adding a crank scraper/windage tray, and a few other things.

Im going with my stock all season 550 tread ware continentals that have 13k miles on them. ^_^ so ur good...
Hope I can keep up. With that said dont slow down for me. Im sure I can with them on though.

Im going with my stock all season 550 tread ware continentals that have 13k miles on them. ^_^ so ur good....

Continental ContiProContact correct? Grand Touring All Seasons.

Edit: They are 500 tread wear per TireRack. Not that it makes that much of a difference from 500 to 550 lol It's still high compared to my Summer tires :giggle:

Im going with my stock all season 550 tread ware continentals that have 13k miles on them. ^_^ so ur good...
Hope I can keep up. With that said dont slow down for me. Im sure I can with them on though.

I don't try to go quick except early morning and night when the road is clear. I really go harder on 28 than 129. I'm sure you'll do just fine. I've been going to the dragon since 2010 and I'm still slow :)

Tread ware doesn't matter down there....

I have annihilated a set of half worn DW's in one day.. I was running slicks by the end

I've been doing it twice a year since 2006. Organizing meets at the Dragon since 2010. Over 200 cars this April so there are still people who want to go.

Great. More tourists to the Dragon!

"Hey everyone I just saw an article in R&T that says families should load up their minivans and head to Trail of the Dragoons and sightsee! Its right outside Gatlinburg. They should hold a family reunion there and have everyone caravan over the Dragon and clog it up!"
And make sure you drive the 35' Winnebago and tow the jeep. (True story. On my early morning drive across the Dragon headed to Benton's Smokehouse for 10 lbs of bacon. Near the overlook, coming towards me, 35' Winnebago towing a Jeep. Stopped the clown and asked if he had any idea of what was ahead. "Heard there were some curves on this road." Shook my head, told him the best move he could make would be to turn around and get the hell off of the Dragon. He kept on going...a total asshat.)

Well when you put it like that, not having summer tires doesn't sound so bad

Ill be rocking the stock shitty all seasons. The rear has tried coming around twice already :hiding:.....back of the caboose , I shall be at.....

Ill be rocking the stock shitty all seasons. The rear has tried coming around twice already :hiding:.....back of the caboose , I shall be at.....

Only a few times did I feel mine slide out more than a little. More than anything they will squeal and stutter, but you will be able to go faster than you think.

If you haven't done the RSB, make sure you do before The Dragon.

Only a few times did I feel mine slide out more than a little. More than anything they will squeal and stutter, but you will be able to go faster than you think.

If you haven't done the RSB, make sure you do before The Dragon.

Yeah....rear came out just a little but I was like WTF? lol

I already have the RSB......will have the H&R springs on by then. They actually arrive today....I are excite!

Back