9thcivic Tail of the Dragon Part II: Official Information and Attendee Thread

On vacation as of 6:30 pm yesterday.....

Lucky! I'm driving to the main office to image/setup 3 laptops and also a 9am weekly meeting.

Working til 3pm then dropping laptop off to a customer (side job) then washing the Subie then finish packing then dinner and relaxing.

Crazy man from California here. I'll be there tonight, Tuesday. Did someone say the Tail is closed at night?

I may not make it on Wed, depending on what procedure is done. I will still try to make it, for some of the weekend

Wait.. what? Why is this? How exactly does that work? I'm going to have to look at a map or something.

Um it's posted on TOTD's website, the left turn right after Tapoco lodge takes you to the backdoor fontana entrance.

Um it's posted on TOTD's website, the left turn right after Tapoco lodge takes you to the backdoor fontana entrance.
Thanks. Looks like the weather is deteriorating down there... some rain expected.

Now for my disclaimer:

For people who are new to this meet...DO NOT try your hardest to keep up with the veterans / more experienced drivers if you see us pulling away, we're not in a race, some just drive more aggressive and spirited than others. Whether it's at the turnaround, deal's gap, or Fontana, we will all meet back up, you wont lose us or get lost. Some "things" have happened in the past because people would overdrive the car or their abilities and make mistakes, I don't want to see anything bad happen this year, the meet last year went well without any accident or part failures (unlike the 9-car 8th meet). If you feel that I or others drive too fast let me know, chances are my car won't be as grippy as the WRX last year so I'll have to tone it down a notch.

I will say that the N.GA drive is pretty hardcore and there is the chance of getting lost so if you're a first timer or not confident in your abilities driving on roads like this you may want to sit that drive out or ride with the more experienced members who have done this drive in the past 2 years.

Now for my disclaimer:

For people who are new to this meet...DO NOT try your hardest to keep up with the veterans / more experienced drivers if you see us pulling away, we're not in a race, some just drive more aggressive and spirited than others. Whether it's at the turnaround, deal's gap, or Fontana, we will all meet back up, you wont lose us or get lost. Some "things" have happened in the past because people would overdrive the car or their abilities and make mistakes, I don't want to see anything bad happen this year, the meet last year went well without any accident or part failures (unlike the 9-car 8th meet). If you feel that I or others drive too fast let me know, chances are my car won't be as grippy as the WRX last year so I'll have to tone it down a notch.

I will say that the N.GA drive is pretty hardcore and there is the chance of getting lost so if you're a first timer or not confident in your abilities driving on roads like this you may want to sit that drive out or ride with the more experienced members who have done this drive in the past 2 years.
Now for MY disclaimer. :) For people who consider themselves veterans/more experienced drivers: If you see high beams flashing within 6 feet of your rear bumper, please move over before some rookie passes you in a needlessly dangerous maneuver.

Back