ACUITY shift linkage bushings

Weighted shift knobs help the most IMHO. I have a shift knob fettish but the one I use the most is my Skunk2 one because it's the heaviest. It makes shifting feel the smoothest.

Mike how long have you ha your EM1 cmc? I installed mine them removed it like a week later, just wasn't sure about it but I kinda wanna put it back on. I have MTEC shift springs, CDV delete, ss clutch line, CT engineering ss, base bushings and Acuity cable bushings. I might throw my EM1 cmc back on.
I had the em1 on for a little over a month now.. I hear you about not being sure about it.. After I installed it I watched a video explaining how it wasn't good to do.. Just one guys point of view though. But it is a little iffy..
Honestly though, I don't feel like it made a huuuge difference.. But that's my opinion.. And I don't really power shift that much..
I want to get those mtec springs too.. How do you like them?? Did they improve the shifter "bite"????
Also, what is the ct engineering ss???

Last edited:
I love the MTEC springs. They center the shifter very nice. CT Engineering shift adapter shortens the shift throw.

I love the MTEC springs. They center the shifter very nice. CT Engineering shift adapter shortens the shift throw.
Ooh ok..mi know what your talking about.. I just worry about short shifters... But I would like to do that too

Since day one of owning my HR bushings I've had horrible slop almost worst than the stock ones I took out. I did have to wait a few weeks for HR to produce more bushings since the demand was so high to meet. Feel like quality control was laxed but really interested in these as a comparison. The acuity's don't feel like they bind or anything?

No binding, very fluid motion and feel. I highly recommend you try them. Contact Russ on the website and ask about the return policy. My HR bushings are now collecting dust in my garage, I have no intention putting them back in.

@Hella JDM I sent an email to Acuity asking them if they had any distributorship in Canada.
As @NoMoreNissans mentioned, ordering stuff out of the US is crazy right now with our dollar being so weak.
I haven't heard squat.
I'm not impressed with the lack of customer service.
Do you know the guys at Acuity @Hella JDM?
I was going to ask them if they wanted to have a Canadian branch or if they would be interested in distributing their products out of Canada.

@Hella JDM I sent an email to Acuity asking them if they had any distributorship in Canada.
As @NoMoreNissans mentioned, ordering stuff out of the US is crazy right now with our dollar being so weak.
I haven't heard squat.
I'm not impressed with the lack of customer service.
Do you know the guys at Acuity @Hella JDM?
I was going to ask them if they wanted to have a Canadian branch or if they would be interested in distributing their products out of Canada.
Jonathan,

I replied to your email 4 days ago within about 30 minutes of receiving your first email. I'm not sure customer service can get much faster :-P. Maybe your spam filter got it?

The response would have came from russ@acuityinstruments.com

~russ

Last edited:
Jonathan,

I replied to your email 4 days ago within about 30 minutes of receiving your first email. I'm not sure customer service can get much faster :-P. Maybe your spam filter got it?

The response would have came from russ@acuityinstruments.com

~russ
Sorry Russ, my bad. I just checked my email trash folder and it looks like I deleted your email. You're right it was probably in my spam folder and I usually just give that folder a quick scan and then trash everything in it.
I will respond to you through email.
Thanks again and I take back what I said about your poor customer service. Obviously, I was too quick to jump to conclusions.

Reactions: Nix
I'm glad he did as well. I feel so bad that I was bad mouthing him about not responding. Now I have an email, a PM, and a response to my question on your thread.:surrender:
No hard feelings! :) I just wanted people to know I'm around if they have questions! As a car guy, I can totally relate to the incredible frustrations caused by an aftermarket parts companies with poor customer service. We try very hard to be anything but that kind of company. :)

~Russ

@acuity Where are these made?
We split our manufacturing about 50/50 between domestic and international suppliers. The majority of the international stuff goes to east Asia with a small percentage going to Europe for high-precision work. The custom components for these bushings are made by one of our east Asian vendors, but all inspection, quality control, and packaging is done by us to ensure everything meets our requirements. The hardware for the bushings is made stateside. We have most of the work for our sensors (for other vehicles) done state-side. That said, we work a lot more closely with our international vendors than most companies, and the result is we get a more refined product. Our long-term goal is to bring as much manufacturing state-side as possible, but until we can manufacture in house, that won't be possible. American machine shops are so used to charging high prices due to the oil/gas industry, defense contracts, and aerospace contracts that their rates make it impossible for us to send them work without raising our prices. Their higher prices are often justified by their ability to work with exotic alloys and absurdly tight tolerances that just aren't needed in the automotive industry like they are in aerospace. As someone who has managed a machine shop in the past, I hate not being able to keep the manufacturing money state-side while controlling the entire manufacturing process, but it's a compromise we have to make at this stage in our growth. All of our effort and funds go towards product development and really rigorous testing programs, which is the most important thing we can do to make our designs robust and well-refined. When we release our next 9th gen product, we're planning to show some of the interesting testing we do in a blog post or something to that effect. I really look forward to the point where we're big enough to bring the work in-house though. That will be a great day! :)

~russ

Last edited:
Back