DIY ADExternal's 2012 Honda Civic Reverse Backup Camera DIY

Thanks for the feed back Doggeh. I'm really happy to those who do the DIYs which is why I do em. Its feed back like this that makes me feel it is worth the long hours of researching for the right parts, installation, oem feel, and compatibility. I did my Vid installation today while hanging out with Marchael tsumaku and HoustonJohn and everything came out working but I didnt like the interface of the unit (it was extremely small) I was hoping it would turn out just a tad bigger but it didnt. I'll be looking for another unit this week.

Well, you got a fan in Quebec City!
Must be nice to have other members in the same city....I'm all alone.:pout:

Last edited:
Give it a go Paul its not that bad with this diy, you might have trouble with connecting the pins but then again maybe not

I'm doing all this outside (no garage). It will happen soon. Snow starting to melt. 1 more month. It's been a loooong wait.

Last edited:
wow!!! :clapping:

What's the situation for mounting the control box? I'm guessing it uses infrared to communicate with the remote - so it needs to be visible?

How is the sound for videos?

At max from the media player and 20 at the car volume, it sounds perfect but of course it varies between users.

wow!!! :clapping:

What's the situation for mounting the control box? I'm guessing it uses infrared to communicate with the remote - so it needs to be visible?

If I do use this as the media player, then I'm going to do a cutout on the same panel where the AUX and 12v socket is located.

Dont actually need photos for this one, one diagram should be enough. Since I've figured it all out, I believe I can make it really easy to follow.

Dont actually need photos for this one, one diagram should be enough. Since I've figured it all out, I believe I can make it really easy to follow.
Diagram is good, but a diagram with photos is better. .......trust me......Noobs like me will appreciate them.

Gonna try other players and see if it does any better. The font is starting to annoy me
So now that you've actually tried it, what about the idea of an old counsel in there? Do you think it would work?

Yessir. But I dont think you want to play any games that requires a big screen. I was thinking to play to Nintendo (SNES) for Street Fighter, Mario Cart, and Pac-Man lmao

Back