DIY Adjustable Camber Arm Bushing Reinforcement

FB2Chris

I took a different approach to @Dar-Dar 's solution to reinforcing the GodSpeed camber arm bushings. His thread can be found here: http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/godspeed-camber-arm-owners-beware.9011/
Note: Either method can be used for other camber arm brands as well (e.g., Skunk2)

After going to several hardware stores in the area I could not find the correct size metal washer, so here's what I did:

I bought four fiber washers, two for each arm ($0.72ea from Home Depot). Measurements: 0.062" (1.5748mm) thick, 3/4" inner diameter, 1 1/4" outer diameter.
20131023_140119_zpse1ff4811.sized.jpg

20131023_140111_zps1c629ebd.sized.jpg

The inner diameter was not wide enough to fit over the metal insert in the bushing, so I used a deburring tool to increase the diameter. A few rotations within the inner diameter is all you need, literally .25mm. Repeat this process for the second washer and then move on to the other side of the car.

Before (noticeable gaps):
20131023_140922_zps93d233a3.sized.jpg

20131023_140926_zps111ab9e5.sized.jpg

20131023_140931_zps69337e66.sized.jpg

After (closed gaps and no more noise from the arms):
20131023_135924_zps13b78b5f.sized.jpg

20131023_135929_zpsabee5d43.sized.jpg

20131023_135934_zps0ea8d603.sized.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Complete at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage done to yourself OR your vehicle.

Last edited:
:thumb: :clapping:

The gaps you had initially were exactly like mines. It's good you found the hardware to fix your issue.

How did the bushings look from the inside? And did you notice the same noise/sound?

How did the bushings look from the inside? And did you notice the same noise/sound?

The bushings looked normal inside and yeah, I was hearing the same type of noise from the rear. The noise began shortly after installing the arms so I knew the cause was from that area.

I don't think these will break, unless the gaps get bigger/loose which I doubt will happen.

These fiber washers, also known as sheet gaskets, come in a variety of sizes and offer more vibration and compression resistance. They are made from non-conductive fiber and are round with a hole in the middle. Commonly used in automotive applications with bolts and for light sealing where ferrous washers are not preferred.

Would these b used in place of the metal ones they send with?
If you're getting the extra washers from GSP directly, you'll be okay with those. The fiber ones that @FB2Chris got are really good alternatives which does the same purpose.

Would these b used in place of the metal ones they send with?

The metal c-clip that's included is used at the other end of the arm. The bushing that @Dar-Dar and I reinforced became loose over time due to not being secured in place like the other with the c-clip. Unless GodSpeed is sending you some washers as well?

The metal c-clip that's included is used at the other end of the arm. The bushing that @Dar-Dar and I reinforced became loose over time due to not being secured in place like the other with the c-clip. Unless GodSpeed is sending you some washers as well?
Gotcha, mine came with 4 very thin rings, n 4 washers the size of the fiber ones but metal.

Gotcha, mine came with 4 very thin rings, n 4 washers the size of the fiber ones but metal.

Ah, yeah. They must have included some washers for you since you mentioned the issue to them (if that was you, I can't remember).

Back