DIY Adjustable Camber Arm Bushing Reinforcement

It's only the gap that will make the abnormal sound. Once the gap is gone, whether you use aluminum or a different material spacer, the noise will be gone. Lol.

Gotcha, mine came with 4 very thin rings, n 4 washers the size of the fiber ones but metal.

@FB2Chris @Dar-Dar mine also came with these. would i be okay using these? maybe it's something they've started including since this issue was brought up.

Photo0136_zpsdf044aaf.jpg

Those 4 washers go on one end (to the chassis). The other end that connects to the flange need 4 additional washers. So you should have 8 washers in total.

I don't think they are taking this issue into account. I posted this porblem on 8thcivic and on fb.

Those 4 washers go on one end (to the chassis). The other end that connects to the flange need 4 additional washers. So you should have 8 washers in total.

I don't think they are taking this issue into account. I posted this porblem on 8thcivic and on fb.

I forgot about the four washers on the chassis end :pat:

So... 16 washers for both arms?

I'm in the process of detailing my car and I just inspected each arm. Since installing the fiber washers I have driven about 1,000 miles. They're holding up great and there are no visible gaps.

What type of noises were you hearing or when so i can keep a look out an catch that.

They shouldn't if they have those washers.

I used metal washers and mine are squeaking like mad. It's 30* here. About 6k miles on the arms

I used metal washers and mine are squeaking like mad. It's 30* here. About 6k miles on the arms
When did you install the washers for the bottom bushings?

6k is a lot of miles. Your bushings might be done. Mine were around 1.5k miles before I threw them away.

6k is a lot of miles. Your bushings might be done. Mine were around 1.5k miles before I threw them away.
have you found a good bushing replacement yet?
mine have a lot of miles on them now too and have been squeaking a lot more now with the cold

have you found a good bushing replacement yet?
mine have a lot of miles on them now too and have been squeaking a lot more now with the cold
The last set of bushings I found were getting overcompressed and didn't fit the bracket. I'll be shaving off 1mm per side using a dremel to see if that will do the trick.

Yeah, may even be more. I drive 2 hours a day for work. Sucks.. I'm not impressed with them. Or sportline springs. May spend the money and buy buddy club arms (they look quality)? And some coilovers.. Idk

Back